• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Dynasty

The dude also jammed on Felons for years so I imagine him blasting a CD2 might make it look a little flippier than the average Joe.

Believe it or not, Felons can beat into become easy turners, even with just 300-400 feet of power.

Pros might throw further and faster, but they also throw with more spin, which helps stabilize the disc.

It would be amazing to get a Color Glow Dynasty. The CD2 and TL3 are the last molds in my bag that I don't have a color glow version of, besides the Deputy.

Does anybody experienced with discmania molds know exactly how the unique beak shape of the anhyzer top affects the flight of the disc? Like how would the sidewinder bottom + anhyzer top differ from sidewinder bottom + sidewinder top?

Generally the anhyzer top makes a disc more overstable.

CD2 vs sidewinder
PD vs thunderbird or olf
TD vs roadrunner
DDx vs Tern
DD vs wraith

That being said, there are exceptions and the top is not usually more overstable than a real blunt nosed overstable top - see PD vs Firebird top

I really like the top because it is kind of combines a traditional top and blunt top to give you a nice stable flight.

The one that Eric Oakley was throwing seemed to have quite a bit of turn to it. It flipped up from hyzer and drifted quite a way before eventually fading softly. Maybe the 'first run' will be a good run.

CD2s can vary a bit in stability. I've found that generally pop tops are beefier but not always. I have flatter ones that are like valks and pop tops that are like a good PD. I used to love CD2s but fell in love with mixing PDs and Valks.

CD2 is nice in that it's one of those discs where one mold can cover a lot of flight paths.

We really need to nail down what's going on with dome vs stability. Based on the only solid logic I've heard (Jay Reading 2014 In the bag video - *watch it*), there is a threshold of rim thickness where dome starts increasing stability. This is his reasoning for why Destroyers are more stable when domey but Firebirds are more stable when flat.

I think there is certainly a lot in play here. I think a dome will increase tendency to fade when nose up as it will catch more air under the plate. A flat disc will increase tendency to fade by trapping less air and essentially being less aerodynamic. The less the disc acts like an aerofoil, the more it acts like a gyroscope (gyroscopic precession is the mechanism of a discs' fade).

The anhyzer top should divert more air away from the cavity, which corresponds with the more stable flights per Tinkles' last post.

My flat Sidewinder is *stable* and looks exactly like pictures of CD2 I see online.

Am I off base? What is your take on all this? I want the true science on buttery full flights!

We really need to nail down what's going on with dome vs stability. Based on the only solid logic I've heard (Jay Reading 2014 In the bag video - *watch it*), there is a threshold of rim thickness where dome starts increasing stability. This is his reasoning for why Destroyers are more stable when domey but Firebirds are more stable when flat.

I think there is certainly a lot in play here. I think a dome will increase tendency to fade when nose up as it will catch more air under the plate. A flat disc will increase tendency to fade by trapping less air and essentially being less aerodynamic. The less the disc acts like an aerofoil, the more it acts like a gyroscope (gyroscopic precession is the mechanism of a discs' fade).

The anhyzer top should divert more air away from the cavity, which corresponds with the more stable flights per Tinkles' last post.

My flat Sidewinder is *stable* and looks exactly like pictures of CD2 I see online.

Am I off base? What is your take on all this? I want the true science on buttery full flights!

Stability and fade are extremely simplified qualitative descriptors - they are the perceived results of near countless physical properties that effect the flight of a disc. When a disc comes out of the mold, it can bend and curve along many axes. The causes are myriad - the heat at the center of the wing, the different densities of plastic across the flight plate, the humidity in the room, or the coolness of the surface it's placed on.
Most would agree that the most important factor is what the shrinking and stretching does to the leading edge of the wing. I think of dome as a symptom of slightly less important plastic cooling dynamics, while the parting line, and shape of the leading edge takes on the lion's share of the responsibility.

Last edited:

I don't think it's as simple as fast and flat = less stable, while slow and flat = more stable. I have an abnormally flat Tursas (speed 5) that is far less stable than any other Tursas I've thrown. It seems like some molds tend to push the leading edge down when they get more dome, while other molds pull the leading edge up. PLH is still king when it comes to predicting disc stability.

I find - looking at a mold like a destroyer where it's easy to find cases of variation in these factors - that biggest impact is PLH, followed by wing concavity, followed by dominess.

All else being equal my experience
Higher PLH = more overstable
More concave wing = more overstable
More dome = more overstable

Last edited:

There's a Joel Freeman video where he states that dome doesn't affect stability, but the severity of turn and fade.
Domey discs are less "severe" so overstable discs feel less overstable.

Y'all are sure making the stability thing clear as mud.

A CD2 thrower I know swears the flattish color glows were the $$ CD2s.

there are no COLOR glow CD2s at present
there are Glow CD2s (very expensive)

Flat S Line CD2s are (for me) absolutely amazing

I think based on the specs (and hope) that the Dynasty is going to come out like the flat S Line CD2.

I will order a bunch

And FYI these release midnight Feb 23 (12:01 Feb 24 or whatever)

there are no COLOR glow CD2s at present
there are Glow CD2s (very expensive)

Flat S Line CD2s are (for me) absolutely amazing

I think based on the specs (and hope) that the Dynasty is going to come out like the flat S Line CD2.

I will order a bunch

And FYI these release midnight Feb 23 (12:01 Feb 24 or whatever)

FML I had a stack of glow CD2s at one point but phased them out of my bag and now I have none left! great feeling and throwing disc, curious to see how the Dynasty turns out

glad to hear the Glows fly like C Lines (but felt better)

I never clicked with the C Line

RT2s and flat S Lines for me

Dude that runs my local shop was able to get a couple of these pre-release and let me throw the one he's putting in his bag. He's a diehard CD2 thrower.

4 throws, 2FH and 2 BH without warmup. Seems pretty close to the flight numbers to me. Mild dome, swirly star plastic was awesome but a fair amount of flashing on the bottom. Really nice but I have plenty of discs in this flight range.

Oakley should stand to make some $$ on these.