• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Infinite Discs says Discs Are Beadless When they are beaded.

mboss302

Does anyone else find it frustrating when Infinite's website says that a disc is beadless then the go to a local store to buy it only to find out that it is beaded. For example The Innova Avatar.

did you provide this feedback to Infinite Discs so that they can update their product description(s)? what other offenders have you found?

There's no substitute for checking out a disc in person. Yes, I've seen this problem, particularly on mids. I'm lucky enough to have a pretty good shop about 25 minutes away, right on a course. I've definitely seen some mids labeled beadless on Infinite, then gone to the shop to find that they sure felt beaded to me.

At first, I would have said it is a typo on their part.....but then other's added more discs to the list.

I'd suggest emailing Infinite Discs and asking how they determine if a disc is beadless or not. And let them know what discs you have found to have the wrong information.

Other discs that I know of are the Cobra, Lion, and Rhyno.

Holy hell. Had to see it for myself. The Cobra has been beaded since 1988...that's a damn shame for the uninformed:wall:

Perhaps there is added confusion between there being a bead on the rim, versus a bead on the lip?

What disc has a bead on the lip?

If there's one I'm unaware of it's an outlier...think Roc, Wasp, Wizard, Rhyno, Sentinel, etc etc.

I sent Infinite an email and this is what they said.
"Thank you for pointing these out. I have gone in and corrected the ones you listed. To enter it as beaded there is a checkbox that needs to be selected, and I think that has occasionally been skipped over in the past when a disc is entered, so it shows up as beadless.
I am always happy to correct any errors when they are pointed out."

"Thank you for pointing these out. I have gone in and corrected the ones you listed. To enter it as beaded there is a checkbox that needs to be selected, and I think that has occasionally been skipped over in the past when a disc is entered, so it shows up as beadless.
Well, that's a pretty damn good response.

They need to update the form to a "radio button" for the bead option. One for Beadless and one for Beaded. The radio button then would only allow one option to be chosen, but you would have to choose one or the other.