• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs SCARAB

SD86

Banned
The Infinite site has a new putter coming soon, the Scarab. Says it will be like the Myth (which is essentially a Whale), but with more glide. What can anyone here tell us about the Scarab?

Rubber Putter has a bead yet is the closest in the ROC sized putters that have the same shape as the Aero. I was thinking the Whale is the beaded version of the Roach.

The Whale is essentially a V-Tech Aviar, and I've heard told that the Roach is very Aviar-'ish'. So they may have similarities.

I'm hoping some of the Team Infinite Discs members that post on these boards can drop some knowledge on what the Scarab is all about... :popcorn:

The Whale is essentially a V-Tech Aviar, and I've heard told that the Roach is very Aviar-'ish'. So they may have similarities.

I'm hoping some of the Team Infinite Discs members that post on these boards can drop some knowledge on what the Scarab is all about... :popcorn:

Hoping for the same too.

I haven't gotten mine yet, or the Scepter which I'm Infinitely more excited for.

I throw Myths and got a Scarab this week on the premise that it is a glidier Myth. I have yet to throw it as I have not gotten out to the course yet but will be throwing it this weekend. It seems to me that the Scarab is an Aviar top on the Myth/Whale bottom. I have putted with it in my basement and it performs as well as any other putter from 15-20ft. I just don't have the space to test its glide or overstability, as from that distance all putts are generally going straight to the basket. Looking forward to putting it through the paces but it is going to take a very good performance to knock the Myth out of the bag. Myth's are very much point and shoot for me and can handle some torque. I am hoping for the same from the Scarab but with an extra bit of distance.

I throw Myths and got a Scarab this week on the premise that it is a glidier Myth. I have yet to throw it as I have not gotten out to the course yet but will be throwing it this weekend. It seems to me that the Scarab is an Aviar top on the Myth/Whale bottom. I have putted with it in my basement and it performs as well as any other putter from 15-20ft. I just don't have the space to test its glide or overstability, as from that distance all putts are generally going straight to the basket. Looking forward to putting it through the paces but it is going to take a very good performance to knock the Myth out of the bag. Myth's are very much point and shoot for me and can handle some torque. I am hoping for the same from the Scarab but with an extra bit of distance.

Thanks for the response, and I'm looking forward to hearing more after you work the Scarab out.

I always thought the Myth/Whale was a V-Aviar already, so I wonder if it's another top on the Scarab?

Could be, I am def not an expert on mold pieces. The top on the Scarab is more curved on the top shoulder and nose than I find the the Myth to be. I have been comparing it with the Aviars that I have and it looks close but it could be something else entirely.

Played a couple rounds with the Scarab in the Myth's bag spot this weekend and I would say that this disc lives up to the description of being a Myth with more glide. Nice and floaty on the touch upsots that need to sit. Not a ton of fade but stable enough to throw the straight lines I can put the Myth on without turning on me. Point and shoot from the get go. It can hold anhyzer and hyzer lines much like the Myth. I only had one or two throws where the nose got up on me and the glide took over making the shot higher than intended and only over threw a few by a few feet because of that added glide. I found that the extra glide was easy to adjust to after a couple of throws. The difference in the top mold pieces had no effect on the felling in my hand or how I would throw the shots needed. I could bag the Scarab no problem if my Myth goes missing and not miss a beat.

Got a Scarab in the mail today, and took it to the course for a workout.

1. The sidewall is a bit taller on the Scarab than the Myth. Whereas the Myth is a V-AvairP&A, the Scarab may be a V-ClassicAviar or a V-Avair3 top, but I'm not sure, even after a comparison to a Classic Aviar and an Aviar3. The Scarab top feels a bit flatter than the Myth; indeed, my Scarab was a bit puddle-topped. However, the Scarab does not really feel any more shallow than the Myth, and it's not more shallow. But it felt fine in regard to my putting grip.

2. My Scarab is in X-blend. When I opened the box, I thought it was I-blend, then thought it felt a lot like P-blend/Pro plastic more than X-blend/XT. Felt pretty good, but not great for what I like for putting; YMMV on that.

3. "They" say that the Scarab was meant to fly like a Whale but with a bit more glide. So I thought the Scarab might be to the Myth/Whale what the Warden or Marshal is to the Wizard... glidier. I'm not sure happened vis-a-vis the Scarab/Myth.

On putts, I didn't feel like there was much more glide to the Scarab. But on longer (outside-the-circle) putts and throws, the Scarab did show some really good glide. The Scarab has a slightly-understable flight when putting; it's not as dead-straight as some other putters. On throws it's pretty straight, though, neither turning nor fading hardly at all during its flight. It generally held the lines I threw it on. I could see bagging the Scarab as an approach disc.

4. All-in-all, the Scarab is a pretty good disc, and people who like putting with Trilogy high-glide discs might like the Scarab.

I don't have a Whale to compare this to. I love my P-line P1x but when it's cold, they get sooo slick they feel impossible to hold on to. I ordered an X Scarab and much to my surprise, it looks like a P1x bottom with what I'm guessing is a Whale top. The shoulder is a bit taller than the P1x but the wing looks identical to me.

Looking forward to the field testing. The X blend feels like it's going to work out great for winter play. I use the P1x for jump putts and straight approaches and this thing looks like it's for sure going to compete for that slot. Especially now that it's winter.

Scarab vs. McPro Aviar

My main putter for the last 3 years has been a McPro Aviar, 175g. Today, I tossed a 171g. Scarab in the bag as well to mess around with on the course. I had never thrown or seen a Scarab before.

First off, the Scarab is taller and has a blunter rim than the McPro Aviar.

I found the Scarab to be floatier and straighter than the Aviar as well, especially at low speed. The Scarab putts dead straight without fading offline. The Aviar fades sooner and doesn't glide as well on putt attempts.

From a throwing standpoint, the Scarab and McPro Aviar were pretty similar. They both hold a straight flight at high speed and will sometimes turn over and not come back. At low speed is where you really see the differences in late fade. The Aviar will dump off a little bit, and the Scarab won't.

Despite having a much different hand feel than I'm used to, I really liked the Scarab. It's a very deep putter, but it throws and putts well. Very straight with floaty glide. That said, I wouldn't putt with the Scarab in wind. It gets tossed around too much.

Scarab: Straight, floaty glide, no late fade. Very tall profile. Super slow flier.
McPro Aviar: Straight, not as floaty, some late fade. A tad faster than the Scarab.

McPro Aviar is beadless, Scarab has a small bead. That bead didn't affect me one way or the other.

Depending on what you're looking for, both putters work really well.

Last edited:
What is the plastic of your Scarab? Only putter mold I tried from Infinite is the Tomb since I like the Colt and low profile putters. I have it in C, D, S and I blend and that I blend is my favorite to throw and putt with.

What is the plastic of your Scarab? Only putter mold I tried from Infinite is the Tomb since I like the Colt and low profile putters. I have it in C, D, S and I blend and that I blend is my favorite to throw and putt with.

I honestly don't know. The thing has a custom stamp on it. The plastic is slightly rubbery. Almost feels like a mixture of DX and pro. I don't know much about Infinite's plastics, nor the specific plastics used for putters.

It isn't star, and it isn't champion.

I honestly don't know. The thing has a custom stamp on it. The plastic is slightly rubbery. Almost feels like a mixture of DX and pro. I don't know much about Infinite's plastics, nor the specific plastics used for putters.

It isn't star, and it isn't champion.

The Scarab has only been produced in D- and X-Blends. Probably D-Blend from your description.