• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Infuriating...

prettyboyfloyd

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So there's this course (Bryant park, Albany OR), which the last 8 times I've scored +6 on. No more, no less. It's mind-numbing, really.

Last weekend, I'm focused and ready to conquer it. The first 14 holes = 1 db, 2 birdies, the rest par = even. Four holes to go, two of which are the hardest on the course, due to the long basket position (holes 6 & 7). In the end.....
I score +6.

Awesome.:wall:

I don't mean to make your pain any worse but: Were you playing all of them as a par 3?

You want infuriating? I have played my home course about 35 to 40 times. I have thrown a 64-66 (par is 54) about 30 times. My record is a 63. I'm at the point where I don't even want to play the course anymore.
I have more fun making up holes throwing at trees and lightposts at the little park by my house.

I think by playing the same holes over and over you actually hurt your game. You need variety to improve and keep it interesting.

I think by playing the same holes over and over you actually hurt your game. You need variety to improve and keep it interesting.

I think this is very true.. By playing the same place over and over you know exactly what you want/need to do before you ever step up to the tee. You don't try new routes, or new ways to play the hole and continue to play it how you always do. Also, you become comfortable on the 'easy' holes and let up on your concentration which could cause a few strokes extra in your game.

Once I got tired of playing my previous home course, I just started throwing it sidearm and such to learn new techniques, score be damned.

Hey I play that course all the time. Last year my best score was 59 (it was a par 59)... okay I lied I took a mulligan so it really was a 61. This year (par 60) my best score has been a 64. I guess I am regressing.

So there's this course (Bryant park, Albany OR), which the last 8 times I've scored +6 on. No more, no less. It's mind-numbing, really.

Last weekend, I'm focused and ready to conquer it. The first 14 holes = 1 db, 2 birdies, the rest par = even. Four holes to go, two of which are the hardest on the course, due to the long basket position (holes 6 & 7). In the end.....
I score +6.

Awesome.:wall:

Which specific holes at Bryant are you having a tough time with? I've played it a number of times, and also throw LHBH. 6 and 7 are both rough, definitely. :p

Seven in the long is a near impossible par if you are playing it as a 3 which most folks do. I felt like I had hit a birdie the only time I ever hit a 3 on it.

Which specific holes at Bryant are you having a tough time with? I've played it a number of times, and also throw LHBH. 6 and 7 are both rough, definitely. :p

The most challenging holes (for me) are: 5 (long), 6, 7, 8(sometimes), and 14 (long). 7 long is a truly unfair hole, but that's the only one I'd consider unfair.

I'm just venting here. Frankly that course has made me a better player. I think it's one of the hardest courses in the state. I play Willamette (easy) and Adair (difficult, yet well balanced and my favorite) as much. The course has made me learn forehand, which I use a lot here.

Truth is, I actually like the beat down Bryant gives me. It's just getting the EXACT SAME SCORE over and over again is just amazing. I mean, if I shot +10 I'd be like "ok, bad day".