• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas (Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you)

So, are a lot of people throwing the atlas? What did it replace or go with in your bag and why? I stocked up on a bunch of these in different stamps because they simply look badass, especially the champ metal flake ones. I finally have a collection of discs in gulf racing colors! Anyway, I have one that I would throwbut I am pretty set on my mid ranges at the moment, mako3, sharks/shark3's, and rocs. I can't see needing anything else, and the numbers say this would possibly replace a mako3 or beat roc.

Atlas = low flying mako3

So, are a lot of people throwing the atlas? What did it replace or go with in your bag and why? I stocked up on a bunch of these in different stamps because they simply look badass, especially the champ metal flake ones. I finally have a collection of discs in gulf racing colors! Anyway, I have one that I would throwbut I am pretty set on my mid ranges at the moment, mako3, sharks/shark3's, and rocs. I can't see needing anything else, and the numbers say this would possibly replace a mako3 or beat roc.

I got one in the winter bag. Its in my understable mid slot, comparable to a meteor. I actually do not mind it, its got a deeper rim than most understable mids so I enjoy it but it is definitely way too grippy. I never have issues with grip lock and I do with this disc 1 out of every 20 or so. But once its not winter anymore all the rocs will go back in and it will come out.

I will definitely being trying mine this weekend. I threw it in the back yard last night, but I only have about 80 feet to use. Felt great in the hand and was low speed stable enough to fade predictably. I usually throw mids with a fan sort of grip so the extra grip is invited. This might get thrown in for a while at least to replace some of my discs that see little use in the winter due to grip issues. I still need more stable mids, but this disc is nice. The compass points don't bother me at all. I don't like the other overmolded discs. I had an ion (?) for a while, and I tried holding the innova overmold putter, and they didn't feel like a disc golf disc. This feels like a super stingray or an MD2/3 with a tacky rim.

I threw the metal flake champ Atlas today and it's a straight to under stable flyer out of the hand. But I could also use it to hold a slight hyzer with a sweet fade at the end.
It makes a funny sound when it lands. A hollow thud type of noise.

I threw the metal flake champ Atlas today and it's a straight to under stable flyer out of the hand. But I could also use it to hold a slight hyzer with a sweet fade at the end.
It makes a funny sound when it lands. A hollow thud type of noise.

I might get one just to see what it sounds like.

Is there a market for discs that make funny sounds when they hit things?

Innova christmas atlas

Has anyone else seen the new Christmas release from Innova. They have really stepped it up on the design of some of their stamps. I am impressed, and although don't throw an atlas. I just might give it a shot

innova-atlas-champion.jpg

you can pre-order from Infinite (not a fanboy, just noticed the option this weekend when I was contemplating getting an atlas). You can pre-order the Christmas Novas too.

The Atlas and Nova stamps for the Christmas run this year are both very good! I have pre-orders for 2 of each, might hang them all up on my tree! Haha

Just ordered one of those Christmas stamped ones. Hopefully it has a bit more stability to it and its not so grippy. From the sounds of it, it shouldnt be so I am pretty excited about this one.

discgolfcenter has them up for sale on their site now, along with stock stamped nova