• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Calendar

ok... well done !!! what kinda camera you shooting with..?? also do you go out just to take a pic or are you out playing and just see a nice one so you bust out the camera...?

I believe this is the one they used, at least this was the one they asked about.

5861677511_c8bc268767.jpg

This is at BRP #4. The best shot I ever had there, about 80% down the fairway and dead center. I could only repeat that once. I banged the side of the basket, forcing to settle for a 3. I backhanded a tree the next day on this course and have not been able to throw that straight again because of snapping issues. Woe is me. At least I have a picture of one of my greatest DG moments.

Last edited:
That is awesome!! Nice work.

Funny thing is that I had another person taking pictures with his cellphone from a different angle. His was taken a split second later, so you can see more body rotation, but you can see the disc in flight as well.

Being a cellphone, the quality is not as nice and only half my body is in the picture, but putting them side by side really makes for a special moment.

5893090222_c667b0c0da.jpg

While emailed to me so I have a copy of it, obviously this picture is not mine and I could not submit it for the contest.

Funny thing is that I had another person taking pictures with his cellphone from a different angle. His was taken a split second later, so you can see more body rotation, but you can see the disc in flight as well.

Being a cellphone, the quality is not as nice and only half my body is in the picture, but putting them side by side really makes for a special moment.

While emailed to me so I have a copy of it, obviously this picture is not mine and I could not submit it for the contest.

That is really cool...I am a photographer and a disc golf chick...I would love to travel and take pics at DG events. One day!!

I have a few pictures of BRP #4 I've taken...none are great pictures like the one you've posted here.

Here's the picture I submitted. The only picture I submitted this year.

Attachments

• Chattooga Belle Farm Hole #3 January Snow.jpg
    Chattooga Belle Farm Hole #3 January Snow.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 272
I was going to submit some pics but all the shots I took that I really liked came after the deadline. Maybe I'll submit them for next year.

I got this one Last weekend at the Hawk Hollow Open...

This is probably my favorite shot I've gotten so far.

HHOpenBestW.jpg

I got it with Nikon D2x with a 10.5mm super wide and mounted it on a small tripod. I connected a wireless remote trigger and set a long depth of field. I wasn't behind the camera but standing off to the side so I wouldn't be in the pic or distract the players. Luckily for me it was windy that morning and the noise from that dampened the sound of the shutter. As groups came up to the tee box I would blast off about 5-10 frames per throw. There are others like this but not where the disc is centered.

love the pic sadjo?.........Does anyone here have any insight on what exactly innova is looking for?......I love hole 4 at BRP and that other pic is a good pic, but I don't think it does the hole justice (you can't see the basket, you have to see where the basket is on that hole to appreciate it) Sorry I guess I'm a little bitter because I think I was standing right behind the photographer. Was that pic taken during the Majestic?

Kind of funny. I didn't submit any pics this year but was emailed and asked to submit pics. I've had some over the years in Innova catologs and on other advertising. Last year was the first time I had pics selected for the calendar (cover pic & April) and I've entered several times over the years.

I know they say they want pictures that capture the seasons and players other than the typical male. They want women, elderly and children. Other than that its hard to say. My favorite pics haven't ever made the cut while some I don't care for have ended up being used in other areas other than the calendar.

September

Here's the September shot in next years Innova Calendar. Can't wait to get a disc with this stamped on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2610.jpg
    IMG_2610.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 237
Here's the picture I submitted. The only picture I submitted this year.

crazyness... very rare to see it like that around here in SC.. kinda hope it does it again this year .. love me some snow disc'n .. congrats on the basket adam :thmbup:

Latest posts