• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Destroyer

Braldar

Has anyone picked up the new Innova Destroyer yet?

If so, what do you think about it?

I picked one up Monday, and I guess it's because I'm still fairly new to the sport, but I can barely control the thing. It's FAST though.

I threw a few that a guy at our weekly tourneys had. I'm more of a beginner player but can throw ~400 with my wraith. I found this disc to be much more stable than my Wraith. Of course it was a max weight disc. Definately fast. Another guy with me was able to turn it over with some anny on it and it flew quite well and quite far.

You guys are just trying to make me go buy another disc I probably don't need, huh? :D

I did recently pick up a Raging Inferno DT which has earned a spot in my bag. I find I get similar or longer distance than my Starfire and I can use it in areas that may be a bit too tight for the Starfire.

I haven't heard a comparison yet between the Infernos and the Destroyer but the Infernos seem to be everyone's vote for the longest discs on the market. I don't have the biggest arm in the world but I found the Inferno DT to be surprisingly understable. Maybe slightly less-so than a Sidewinder (but that's just my experience/opinion).

Braldar, be careful buying "fast" discs. The faster a disc is the harder you have to throw it. Take a look at your Innova discs and then the flight paths (and distance markers) Innova has on their site for most of their discs. Say you've got a Valkyrie (Speed=9) and it doesn't fly out to the right like Innova shows. If that's the case you shuold really wait until the disc is flying the way it shuold or flying more understable than it should before moving up. Again, this is just what I've found.

I just ordered a Destroyer last night on a whim. I needed to pick up a replacement Wraith so I figured I might as well try it. I should have it by next week, I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

The Destroyer is a nice disc. Easy to control and goes fast and long. As far as the Inferno DT, I recently picked one up along with a Diablo DT (which I believe are the exact same disc) and found it similar to a Wraith. Maybe a bit more understable, but nowhere close to a Sidewinder.

I've noticed the Inferno DT is quite a bit more understable than the Wraith. I just got my Destroyer today and I'll probably head out and give it a try. I wish Innova would at least write "Destroyer" on the disc somewhere, I have a T-Rex that is the same color with the same design. I guess I'll have to pay attention to the stamp color (unless that's the same too!).

I used to use a star wraith for long annys but the star destroyer has taken its place....turns over real easy,for straight shots must use some hyzer flip.

I have both a Wraith and a Destroyer in my bag as well as a backup Wraith in case I lose the one I play with. I could probably lose the Wraith now but it's good to have around in case you come across some of those long, downhill holes that you are required by law to throw the entire contents of your bag on.

I got a destoyer at the Sugarbush tournament. It has it's purpose, but I still prefer a wraith or a surge. I will sacrifice 10' off my drive for the accuracy of my surge.

i've thrown the destroyer and i thought it was a solid disc. one problem is that it doesnt have as much glide as the wraith so it actually doesnt go as far as the wraith. and about the inferno, in my opinion i dont like it because i cant throw that disc. the spectra (hence my name) is said to soon set the new record for longest distance record. i think that they just need to make it a 1.3 instead of a 1 because my friend who throws 500 pretty easy turns that disc over so much. it would go farther if it didnt turnover as much.

I loved the Spectra, but I think its rating of 1 is right on. My home course has lots...I mean lots of trees. You know the kind, far enough away you're sure you can throw around it, so when it hits, it hits with a-THOR-a-tay! A few rounds later that Spectra was the best turnover disc in my bag. Love to try one in Z plastic though. Hey how about the line that the PDGA might not certify the Destroyer? Turbo Putt round #2? I have a forehanded buddy that loves them, Destroyers that is.

Really? What's the reasoning behind not certifying the Destroyer? It doesn't look/feel drastically different from other discs like the Turbo Putt did.

I was trying to find the thread at discgolfreview and link it, but....oh well, the discussion was on depth of rim and speed. I really can't believe the pdga would retract approval once it was given just because of the disc's ability to level the playing field; allowing good players to throw like pros, we were talking a bout the Turbo Putter right...:rolleyes:

i liek the destroyer it allows me to get more distnace then any other disc in my bag i can throw 500 fairly easy with one of these and im sure if i really wanted to i could bomb a big 550 or 560 if not even farther its a great disc if you can get it to fly the way you want it but if not your in trouble! you should have some experience on how to control a speed demon like this before you actually get out and throw one! this disc flys like no other and it would be a bummer if they were to discontinue it!

soo fast and soo far. mines max weight and baby blue with the innova first run stamp on it. i just picked up a few pro destroyers awsell 172 g. these are strictly for BOMBS. i can get around 420-450 with them.

wow..i was just looking at very old threads and saw a classic....the destroyer making its debut....aaaahhhh the day :)

man!! notice all the people that throw 500ft fairly easily...lmao

yeah, I can throw my putter 450' and if you can't then you have bad form.

Man, it's such a good disc.

I loved the Spectra, but I think its rating of 1 is right on. My home course has lots...I mean lots of trees. You know the kind, far enough away you're sure you can throw around it, so when it hits, it hits with a-THOR-a-tay! A few rounds later that Spectra was the best turnover disc in my bag. Love to try one in Z plastic though. Hey how about the line that the PDGA might not certify the Destroyer? Turbo Putt round #2? I have a forehanded buddy that loves them, Destroyers that is.

I especially like the line here that the destroyer was not gonna be approved....Ummm guess that fell through! They are still going strong today, and I'm VERY glad....it's the disc that I won a $320 ace with a few weeks back!

Latest posts