• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC 2023 - 25th edition

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
Has anyone seen the caddy book yet? I haven't seen any b*tchng on Reddit about new stuff, so I'm assuming it's the same old mozzarella sticks and triple mandos.

My darkhorse pick is Alden Harris because there have been so many 1st time major winners this year, but I could just as easily see Ricky or Gannon back-to-back.

No charity for aces this time, Worlds cost a fortune.

Is the DGPT coverage in effect again for our nation's championship? I think last year was PPV and no immediate post coverage? I am hoping not.

No island shot on 13 kinda sucks - that's iconic IMO. Not '888' anymore either :(

Nevermind. Never should have posted.
🥴

Last edited:
Coverage on DGN without extra charge last time I checked.

#9 has faux christmas trees FWIW

and #7 has an elevated teepad. Not sure how it affects the shot. Harder, easier?
Has anyone seen the caddy book yet? I haven't seen any b*tchng on Reddit about new stuff, so I'm assuming it's the same old mozzarella sticks and triple mandos.

My darkhorse pick is Alden Harris because there have been so many 1st time major winners this year, but I could just as easily see Ricky or Gannon back-to-back.

No charity for aces this time, Worlds cost a fortune.

Go Vinny! Shake that MF'in monkey off yer back.

MPO depth is real. Could anybody really be surprised if any of the following win this?

Buhr
Dickerson
Heimberg
Wysocki
McMahon
Lizotte
Robinson

With nods to Conrad, Jones, Klein, Redalen, Orum and Barela.

About the only thing I can say for sure: No podium for McBeth.

Last edited:
Based on the DGPT post today, who tf is John key? Is that the year they did handicaps?

I'm cheering for Niklas Antila. If he wins then his career USDGC average finish will be 1.5!

Antila is the first person since 1999 to finish 2nd in his very first outing at the USDGC.

As the USDGC Historian I'm going to do something a little different and post some obscure USDGC records and stats...

The lowest rated player to qualify on Monday Qualifying was Andrew Turner in 2020. His PDGA rating was 953

Is the DGPT coverage in effect again for our nation's championship? I think last year was PPV and no immediate post coverage? I am hoping not.

There's 25 dollar package for non subscribers 2023 USDGC PayPerView Package

I'm curious though if it's free for subscribers? Since the monthly subscription is less than 25 so why wouldn't I just get a one month sub instead?

No island shot on 13 kinda sucks - that's iconic IMO. Not '888' anymore either :(
Interesting. I've never felt that that island was iconic. They switched it up a long time ago - I played the island in 2007 on spectator day, and I think that was the first year they had it. Maybe it was 2006? So I get that its become sort of a mainstay... But in any case - its just a big open throw over a parking lot. The baskets were placed pretty nicely for risk-reward, it isn't that it wasn't designed well.... but it was just a big ol throw over a parking lot. I get that the vibe of the whole course is "we're on a beautiful college campus!" but I'm not one predisposed toward considering a parking lot an aesthetic improvement to a college campus either.

I do think that I like that they've opened up the landing zone compared to that bygone era. The ultra-thin strip all the way up was a tremendous test of both getting the disc out in the air and getting it to land how you want... but it was pretty brutally narrow.

Memories of Climo tincupping and the Nikko throw in/ ensuing celebration have made the island on 13 iconic. This hole seems to change a bit every year though and I agree the aesthetic of the parking lot isn't ideal. So, I'm okay with the change-up but I would like the idea of trying to keep the distance at 888 if design permitted, however.

Obscure USDGC Records (2):

The Best finish in the USDGC by a Monday qualifier:
3rd place by Josh Anthon in 2012.
(He led the tournament after rounds 2 and 3.)

Latest posts