• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC 2023 - 25th edition

"I won't give a dime to DGN/DGPT. This continues to make this the least relevant event of the year, ensuring that zero eyes, outside of disc golfers, can see our nations disc golf championships. Seems exclusion is the bigger goal."

Are other sports championships free to watch? You seem like a very unhappy person in general.

"I won't give a dime to DGN/DGPT. This continues to make this the least relevant event of the year, ensuring that zero eyes, outside of disc golfers, can see our nations disc golf championships. Seems exclusion is the bigger goal."

Are other sports championships free to watch? You seem like a very unhappy person in general.
My grouchiness set aside. 😖 Yes. I watch NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, cornhole, PGA, gymnastics, skiing, spikeball, pickleball and nearly every other US Championship, free of charge.

Hopefully, we'll see more of the Champ at these big events. Plus, it seems like his wrist problem has improved if he's freestyling again.

If you don't Reddit, this was posted earlier:
Posted by
u/brianearhart
Brian Earhart
13 hours ago

Ken Climo seems thrilled to be back.

renderTimingPixel.png

Brag
This is a definite flex but also much more so a positive PSA in a season that has had quite a bit of polarizing news. I was walking back to my RV at Winthrop after the presser and I was practicing some freestyle stuff like I do when there's a nice breeze. Pretty soon, Ken rolls up next to me in a golf cart with Philo (I think they were out doing course homework for tomorrow). Ken jumps out of the cart and throws his hands up and says something along the lines of "GIMME SOME!" I give him some clock spin and he instantly goes into this crazy freestyle combo that ends in a perfect yet casual chest roll - this progresses into an impromptu freestyle/catch session that lasts another ten minutes before they head off on their way.
He had a huge grin on his face the whole time. So endearing to see him so happy to be out here. Can't wait to hear his commentary tomorrow.
That is all. You just love to see it.

Good start on the ladies side. 10 players within 2 strokes of lead halfway through first round.

Salonen just made a putt from outside the bullseye people.

That keeps up, this tournament is OVER.

Okay, that's a wild exaggeration - but lets go Eveliina and Henna!

Salonen just made a putt from outside the bullseye people.

That keeps up, this tournament is OVER.

Okay, that's a wild exaggeration - but lets go Eveliina and Henna!
They have been "the future" for quite a while now. Satchel Paige would tell them to not take a look at Eliezra Midtlyng.

They have been "the future" for quite a while now. Satchel Paige would tell them to not take a look at Eliezra Midtlyng.
I mean.... yeah? Hell, Henna, age 23 this season, has simply put never been as good as she was when she was at age 19. So I think thats obvious. But at the age of 23 and 24 they're both a decent C1X putt away from being basically top-3 at every single FPO tour event they enter. They've been around a long time now, they're not "the next big thing" anymore, but they're still young enough that they could each have a period in their career where they *dominate* the sport. One thing's for sure - they're both a whole hell of a lot more advanced at their age than Tattar, who had only been playing 3-4 years at age 23-24 and was in the 870-900 range.

They've got time. And if it is gonna happen - it could start anytime from this weekend through the next five or seven years. So I'm gonna root for it and hope it happens.

Going to be an exciting lead card for FPO tomorrow. Eveliina, Henna, Kristin, and 16 year old (and first FPO to ever eagle 18 at Winthrop) Elie. Must be a dream come true to get to play on a card with those ladies.

Silver Lätt with the 13 on hole 5.
5 OB strokes, curious how he managed that.

If I had to venture a guess, OB on the drive, and 4 more trying to get to the basket. What is weird is that hes a forehand monster, so the disc should be heading towards the land much more on that shot vs backhand

Edit. Hebenheimer 11 on #8 is even more weird. 3OBs on that sucker? Plus 5 more shots. Wow.

Last edited: