• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Discarrier bag

mlstivender

I stepped up my game and now using a Large Innova Discarrier bag. However I am taking recommendations on the best back saver straps. It doesn't appear this is a popular item or very hard to find in stock these days. Not sure which is the case but am open to suggestions and even places on where to purchase. Thanks:clap:

That's because almost everyone has the backpack bags now. I'm not even sure if they make that style anymore. I have the size smaller than the carrier I believe. Very nice bags, I loved mine. It's still in great condition after about 10 years of use.

Anyway, back when I was looking for straps years ago I was led to Phenix quad shocks. These are excellent straps, very comfortable, and have lasted pretty much as long as I've had the bag. I ordered mine online but it was so long ago I couldn't tell you were. These would be my suggestion if you can find them.

I believe Innova had their own, but I'm not 100% on that. Enjoy the bag.

yeah, I use those also
work great, no idea if they still make them

Pretty sure Phenix went out of business. Innova I don't think makes straps anymore either, but you can still find them online. Some have a seat attached as well

You can get the Innova Straps here.

There are other straps on that site and they're on sale...Probably because of what wolfhaley said.

I stepped up my game and now using a Large Innova Discarrier bag. However I am taking recommendations on the best back saver straps. It doesn't appear this is a popular item or very hard to find in stock these days. Not sure which is the case but am open to suggestions and even places on where to purchase. Thanks:clap:

DGA straps still made were and still are one of the best AND a nearly Identical bag (Discarrier is OOP) is the Infinite Discs bag should you need a new bag.

I had a discarrier for 10 years I went through 2 sets of quadstraps. I first had phenix(sp) quadstraps that lasted a decent bit. 5-6 years and then was given some DGA gel straps. They also lasted a decent bit. 5-6 years. I then got a super hero bag. I like how the super hero bag sits higher on my back but I liked the access better of the discarrier. I now mostly use my zuca large backpack cart with the superhero bag unless the terrain is too tough for it.

Last edited:
Pluto sports in Knoxville TN had the Phenix quad straps in stock in July of 2019 and the guy said they don't sell because of back pack style bags. I bought a back up pair for the ones I have. Everyone I know has enjoyed them and they have lasted.

Phenix quad straps are no longer made but the company I think is still around. I didn't like my Innova backpack straps at all; last maybe a year.

Last edited:

DGA straps still made were and still are one of the best AND a nearly Identical bag (Discarrier is OOP) is the Infinite Discs bag should you need a new bag.

Straps found here https://discgolf.com/store-home/shop/gel-strapz/

Last edited:
For years I have been using the premium tool belt suspenders from Menards. They are always on sale for 15 or 20 bucks and at one time were half the cost of the DGA Gel shocks quad straps. And here is the kicker...THEY ARE LITERLLY THE SAME STRAPS! The only difference is the brand label on the shoulder blade pad and the tool straps had an added cell phone case on the chest strap. Rebranding at its finest.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...gel-foam-suspenders/30290/p-1444452499580.htm

Here are some comparison images.

For years I have been using the premium tool belt suspenders from Menards. They are always on sale for 15 or 20 bucks and at one time were half the cost of the DGA Gel shocks quad straps. And here is the kicker...THEY ARE LITERLLY THE SAME STRAPS! The only difference is the brand label on the shoulder blade pad and the tool straps had an added cell phone case on the chest strap. Rebranding at its finest.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/...gel-foam-suspenders/30290/p-1444452499580.htm

Attachments

• 843EBF72-6C8B-430D-BCB5-F3016E49EB03.jpg
    843EBF72-6C8B-430D-BCB5-F3016E49EB03.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 23
  • B28073FC-2892-4617-9AEA-A971075DC234.jpg
    B28073FC-2892-4617-9AEA-A971075DC234.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 9783DEEC-BA24-4DE6-956A-CDDCB26B9BB3.jpg
    9783DEEC-BA24-4DE6-956A-CDDCB26B9BB3.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 18
FADE WeatherGuard Straps w/Rain Fly fit the DISCarrier, but are becoming scarce. The rain fly does fit over the DISCarrier (the FADE Tourney bag was similar in size).

Latest posts