• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Discatcher Sport Owners ?

g1nked

Bogey Member
I would like to add an inner chain set to my new discatcher sport and would like to know if anyone has done this before? If so do you have pics so I can see how to hang the inner chains and did you connect the bottom to the outter chain ring or add an additional ring like I saw at my local park.
I think I will need 6 24inch chains with hanger hooks at 2 inch links?
and a metal o ring but have no idea on size or how to connect the rings.
I hope someone can help me on this that has already done it and can explain.
Thanks in Advance for any replys on subject

Let me know if that is for sure the number of chains you need and I'll get them for you at cost. We also have links with built-in screw-fastened opening (quick links) that are < $1 each that you can use to connect the chains sections (or zip ties work and cost virtually nothing)...the lower ring I could make but would take a little bit of effort...chain is like 1.20/foot, good plated non-rusting stuff...

I used 6 inner on all of mine. I did one inner every third outer. I used little c clamps to secure the top and bought a dry hose ring for .79 cents for the lower ring.

Cost me about 20 for everything

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Discatcher Sport? My girl is going to get me a practice basket for Christmas and I think I'm going with this one.

You can get them on ebay for about 150ish

Thanks. Neither of us are fans of ebay buying though. Marshall Street has then shipped for $180. Might be the best option.

Thats pretty good shipped. Once you get the inner set, it will be the best basket fo the money

I used 6 inner on all of mine. I did one inner every third outer. I used little c clamps to secure the top and bought a dry hose ring for .79 cents for the lower ring.

whats the size on the lower ring Roc do you recall? a dryer hose ring or a dry hose ring? im not clear on that where did you purchase this from?

Let me know if that is for sure the number of chains you need and I'll get them for you at cost. We also have links with built-in screw-fastened opening (quick links) that are < $1 each that you can use to connect the chains sections (or zip ties work and cost virtually nothing)...the lower ring I could make but would take a little bit of effort...chain is like 1.20/foot, good plated non-rusting stuff...
U know my situation Hamilton so when do you think you could hook me up? I do want 6 chains and the quick links if you can so thats about 20 bucks right?
It sounds like the way to go adding the inner ring but I want to do it correctly and you guys are all over it so thanks. Hamilton is my boy from way back so Im sure he can help me when time allows. Im having a small surgery on Thursday so Ill be out for a day or two after. Call me Hamilton or email me!
Thanks again fellow chain bangers!!

12 feet(6x24 inches) of chain will be $14.40 and 6 quick links will be $4.14 so yeah about $20 parts...I'll try to call you tomorrow...

Thanks Hamilton call whenever suits you the best. I hope we can get together and play another round soon before the weather breaks bad on us, maybe a buddy and I could meet you at Freeman lake one day thats fairly close to you right?

whats the size on the lower ring Roc do you recall? a dryer hose ring or a dry hose ring? im not clear on that where did you purchase this from?

Im a retard, its a dryer hose ring

Can someone post a pic of their basket with the extra chains installed?

I don't understand the best way to attach the chains to the top.
Does anyone have a picture as requested, I dont know if the inner chains will be necessary while putting in the yard. Hamilton give me a call bro
when u get a chance

Also as far as baskets go does n e body know where to get a flag for windage preferrably a innova flag like you see on baskets that go on top to tell wind direction and speed?

I have a Discatcher Sport with the (3) extra chains as well. The extra chains install easily.. just attach them every two top spokes, and braid them straight across to the opposite spoke. The only thing I haven't been able to do is crimp the S-hooks.. I apparently don't have a clamp able to bend the metal. :(

I really like the basket, though.. and the extra chains *feel* like they help, although I haven't really tested it without them.