• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Discatcher Sport Owners ?

I just won two of these at a tourney raffle and I am going to add a 2nd set of chains. thanks for the ideas fellas.

Bought a Discatcher Sport

Okay so the first one I bought had bent metal. None of the holes on the second one lined up and yes I went by the instructions with the shorter tube on the bottom.

Did the holes not line up for any of yours?

Are the holes supposed to line up?

I don't think mine line up. I put the screws in to put pressure against the tubes to hold them in place.

Works fine for me.

I've thought about adding an inner set of chains but I don't think they are neceaary considering it's just a practice basket for myself.

I don't think mine line up. I put the screws in to put pressure against the tubes to hold them in place.

^This. The screws they give you wouldn't be long enough to hold it in place if you had to go through both tubes. I've thought about drilling all the way through and using hitch pins with cotter pins to hold them, but it's too much work for no real added benefit.

i don't recall if the holes lined up or not. I just know mine is quite sturdy. I still don't understand why you would add inner chains to a practice basket, unless it was somehow easily removable so you could remove the inner chains for practice and add them when you use the basket as an "Extra" hole basket at a tourney or something.

For practice, I want to make it the toughest I can to make the putt, so that when I get at better catching baskets, my "perfect practice" makes even slightly off that may shoot out at home, stick in a tourney. If I practiced on a great catching basket, then what happens when I get to a course with older baskets that don't catch as well?

Not to say the Sport doesn't catch well, it catches great. I have only had about 1-2 perfect putts jump out. But that happens on the best baskets too. I've had quite a few chain outs, but all but 2 were not a perfect putt. I want to practice perfect putts.

Works fine for me.

I've thought about adding an inner set of chains but I don't think they are neceaary considering it's just a practice basket for myself.

^^^
This.

i don't recall if the holes lined up or not. I just know mine is quite sturdy. I still don't understand why you would add inner chains to a practice basket, unless it was somehow easily removable so you could remove the inner chains for practice and add them when you use the basket as an "Extra" hole basket at a tourney or something.

I added inner chains on mine. It's more realistic, and if I want to practice my putting, that's why I have a Bullseye on the way. In general, I'd agree with this, unless as you point out it regularly sees "tournament" use or something.

And the only screws I put in are in the base and the top. It makes for real quick dis-assembly - the basket, the bottom (with pole), and the top (with pole) fit in my trunk easily, etc. It's pretty sturdy without the screws.

For practice, I want to make it the toughest I can to make the putt, so that when I get at better catching baskets, my "perfect practice" makes even slightly off that may shoot out at home, stick in a tourney. If I practiced on a great catching basket, then what happens when I get to a course with older baskets that don't catch as well?

Not to say the Sport doesn't catch well, it catches great. I have only had about 1-2 perfect putts jump out. But that happens on the best baskets too. I've had quite a few chain outs, but all but 2 were not a perfect putt. I want to practice perfect putts.

I added inner chains on mine. It's more realistic, and if I want to practice my putting, that's why I have a Bullseye on the way. In general, I'd agree with this, unless as you point out it regularly sees "tournament" use or something.

And the only screws I put in are in the base and the top. It makes for real quick dis-assembly - the basket, the bottom (with pole), and the top (with pole) fit in my trunk easily, etc. It's pretty sturdy without the screws.

I put an extra set of chains on my Discatcher Sport and it became marvelous at catching putts. This is not necessarily a good thing. I actually got into some lazy habits.
I purchased an In-Step basket and it's actually sucky at catching discs, which is perfect. If I'm not dead-center with an In-Step, it won't catch it well at all.
I use my Discatcher Sport for tourneys and field practice and the In-Step for putting practice.

So no one's holes lined up. I am really annoyed by why their are holes in the first place then?!?!

So no one's holes lined up. I am really annoyed by why their are holes in the first place then?!?!

I was annoyed at first too, but just snug the bolts up like very one else. Very strange though. I'd have a Gateway Titan 24 but got the Discatcher as a gift.

IIRC, there are holes in the outer tube, but not the inner tube. Mine is a newer powder-coated model though, so yours may be different.

Installed 9 25" inner chains on mine.. I attached them to the top with two s-hooks for each chain. One s-hook on the outside of the yellow center piece and one s-hook on the inside.. The bottoms are all linked together with two zip ties.

pics below:
photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 2 (1).jpg