• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Innova Distance Driver for 300' of power.

Don't tell people to use OAT. It will only destroyer their form trying to "handle the beef"....

^Freudian Slip of the tongue? Nice!

I never said torque the living hell out of your discs, I said a brinster bird is a nice introduction in learning how to throw more overstable distance drivers.

The OP already can get a teebird to 300ft I think its safe to assume that he could try out a lighter 160g range star Wraith for maximum distance stuff (because thats what he was specifically asking for).

When I started last year I went with the understable and light stuff as my first discs: Dart/broken in DX roc/elite X comet/150g champ leopard/140g starlite Valkyrie.

It helped with cleaning up my form, but damn it was a steep learning curve throwing overstable regular weighted (165g and above) discs like star/champ teebirds. I had to relearn how to throw flat and level, because all my first discs required hyzer releases to even fly straight.

The OP wanted something for max distance. Might as well point him to where he can get it. The star tern is a great disc for that. If the OP was a newbie who just started playing it would be a different suggestion, but 5 years of experience seems like enough time to try out a wraith or a tern to get max distance.

It gets overlooked, but you might want to try the Archon, was never a big distance guy, but got one in a players pack and for the intermediate looking to make their way towards advanced it is a great driver that will be a bit more reliable than the warp speed drivers, but should maximize your potential, if your putting fairways 300, this would likely be one to help get you towards 400. Also does a pretty good overhand shot as well if your not looking to bag meat hook discs for that spot.

OP:
I do have a P-Line PD that I am fooling around with. Not sure if I get the distance glide I would like and the P plastic I have is a little stiff.

To clarify, I am looking for max distance... Not necessarily a longer TeeBird.

I think a lot of the suggestions have been more on the "longer TeeBird" side. Wraith, OLF, Orc.. I think those discs can be pretty OS especially when new.
I would suggest a Star Sidewinder or a Star Valkyrie for a more reliable turn.

Looking for a Distance Driver in the Innova family that will add some footage if I can drive a TeeBird 300'.

Thanks for the help.

A driver that adds footage? You mean a cameraman?

Anyway, the disc does not make the distance. Your technique does. I'd work on that mainly and keep throwing that teebird.

Anyway, the disc does not make the distance. Your technique does. I'd work on that mainly and keep throwing that teebird.

Came here to say just this. If anything wait until you get a Roc 300' consistently. People say wait until your putters are flying 300', but that is not a high percentage shot for most people. If you can get a Roc within a 30' circle from 280'-320' you are doing some things right.

Look into Comets even. People call the understable but a fresh Z with a good high dome will only do what you impart onto the disc.

Also. I throw Rivals instead of TBs, and my Escapes have always filled that longer/ lower line/ faster TB role. They like to be thrown smoothly as well, so it wont hurt your form.

Valk or Orc would be good choices. Maybe both! You should be able to get some booming drives with them at your distance.

One of my friends gave me his beast to try out when I hit that distance. I loved it. Like love making loved that disc. It's a tad understable which made it fun for me to throw.

Valks are a great choice. I carry one that's a turnover or hyzerflip disc and then another that's a dead straight or hyzerflip and then fade. Paired with a old pearly flattop Orc for straight then fade. All work for tighter lines in the woods too. I try not to reach for anything faster unless we are talking open field kind of holes.

I'm in the same distance range (I throw a teebird 300-320) and what I have found works best for me are the Pro Wraith, Star Archon, Star Orc, Champion Tern and Star Valkyrie. All are 165-170gr. If I were to pick just two, it would be the Wraith and the Valkyrie, I think they make a great pairing.

I throw about the same as the OP. From my experience I can often (2/3 of the time) get 350' by hyzer-flipping a 168g Star Sidewinder.
I tried a Starlite Wraith which has been inconsistent. My Star Valk hasn't clicked for some reason. And I had some success with a Millennium Astra until it was lost on OAT throw into the deep woods.

Star Tern will be a little touchy, but the distance:effort ratio is crazy. If I'm feeling kinda tired/lazy I can throw it like a midrange and get 330 w/o too much flip.

Thanks for all the input. I have some Valkyries to try and air out for distance and a champ Orc to work on, a little heavier than I like. But I will play around with them.

So surprised at the amount of responses to this thread, thanks everyone.

Thanks for all the input. I have some Valkyries to try and air out for distance and a champ Orc to work on, a little heavier than I like. But I will play around with them.

So surprised at the amount of responses to this thread, thanks everyone.

Valkyries are awesome.

Actually I might have to re-up my stash and bag them again...