• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

Gstar seems to be a crapshoot for durability for the teebirds, actually. Some of us have had fine experiences, some terrible, some both like myself.

I managed to destroy one of mine by hitting the edge of a metal gate. It cut about 1/2" into the rim, and when I picked it up and bent it some, the little bit of rim tore on through to the flight plate. First time I have destroyed a disc by other than cracking it. Anyway, I haven't had any issue with another G* since.

I just got a max weight Valkyrie and it is teebirdish. It will need some time but the disc is quite overstable for what it is. Time will tell but I really like the plastic

I just got a max weight Valkyrie and it is teebirdish. It will need some time but the disc is quite overstable for what it is. Time will tell but I really like the plastic

Another local pointed this out about the G star Valks. I threw one a few times. It was more over stable than the JL Champ Valks I have.

Another local pointed this out about the G star Valks. I threw one a few times. It was more over stable than the JL Champ Valks I have.

That's weird. I have two of them in the upper 160s and I'd say they're spot on the flight ratings right out of the box.

Hmm. Yeah I haven't thrown max weight, but that seems like a huge discrepancy in flight over a few grams. *shrug*
Who would guess that there would be inconsistency between discs. :gross:

How do we know it's not an inconsistency between arm speeds?

How do we know it's not an inconsistency between arm speeds?

Good point, the other person who told me they are OS is your age. I would say his arm speed is comparable. I don't use max arm speed all the time but I am able to and know how. :)

I also agree it's odd a few grams makes a difference. Innova has never been inconsistent before...

:p

I mean, If you guys are throwing 300-350 and the dude turning it over is throwing 400, that seems like it would be completely different ya know? I mean I am not saying other people are better or worse, I am just saying.

I mean, If you guys are throwing 300-350 and the dude turning it over is throwing 400, that seems like it would be completely different ya know? I mean I am not saying other people are better or worse, I am just saying.

You had a good point, that's why I said.... "Good point". :p

You and I have met, you know my game a little, Broken doesn't, so adding what you added was a.....

wait for it.... :p

...good point.

So far, the G Star molds i have thrown are, Valk, FB, DS, Boss, Tern
So far it seems pretty consistently less overstable than star or champ counterparts, save for the Valk. I think this might be a short term variance thing.

However, the FB is pretty nice. Its very OS just not quite as OS as my faf stiffer 12x's. Its more like the gummier 12x's that were flat. Still very very overstable.

So far, the G Star molds i have thrown are, Valk, FB, DS, Boss, Tern
So far it seems pretty consistently less overstable than star or champ counterparts, save for the Valk. I think this might be a short term variance thing.

However, the FB is pretty nice. Its very OS just not quite as OS as my faf stiffer 12x's. Its more like the gummier 12x's that were flat. Still very very overstable.

They also land softer, without such a big skip. It's nice to have the option of big skip or softer landing, depending on which one you throw, so I carry both.

I second the GStar Firebird being OS. I lost it yesterday, but was liking it up until then.

As far as the valkyries go, I've thrown a blue with sparkle in the low 170s and a max weight red one. The blue flipped harder than my gstar sidewinder in the same weight range but came back a bit more at the end. I hit a couple of ridiculously nasty hyzerflip lines with it, but I'm liking the sidewinder more. I picked up a heavier one and it shows no turn whatsoever. I haven't had a lot of time to play the past few weeks, so I can't say that I've broken it in a ton. Blue one was pretty flat, red one wasn't domey at all but not as flat as the red. I'm throwing them rhfh on a hyzerflip release in the 350-375 range.

As far as the valkyries go, I've thrown a blue with sparkle in the low 170s and a max weight red one. The blue flipped harder than my gstar sidewinder in the same weight range but came back a bit more at the end. I hit a couple of ridiculously nasty hyzerflip lines with it, but I'm liking the sidewinder more. I picked up a heavier one and it shows no turn whatsoever. I haven't had a lot of time to play the past few weeks, so I can't say that I've broken it in a ton. Blue one was pretty flat, red one wasn't domey at all but not as flat as the red. I'm throwing them rhfh on a hyzerflip release in the 350-375 range.

My flat 170g Sparkle'y Blue is pretty darn flippy. Slightly more flip than fade right out of the box at 360' or so of power. I dig it. I will be pairing it with a more stable compliment Valk at some point. I gotta pull my 10 year old Champ one out of storage and give it a few good chucks to see how they pair. The last time I threw it I was maxing around 270'.

thespintv.com/videos/daves-spin-the-innova-gstar-plastic/

G*= Same HSS as Star with less LSS.

My max weight blue Valkyrie is super stable but I've only thrown it about 10 times. It is the most stable Valkyrie I have ever thrown.

Latest posts