• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion katana vs. G-star shryke

My sweet spot for the big D is 168-172g, isn't that weird? It's funny how I feel like I've proved this to myself with rigor.

I'll throw 175g of a different disc into a headwind. But if it's not a headwind I like the sub 175g drivers to go farthest.

I could have typed this word for word.

You have chosen.... wisely.

What weight did you end up getting? My go-to has been a 175 but I just recently scooped a 166 and a 171 (and a Pro and splatter star for good measure). Winter has prevented me from throwing any of them, so I have nothing to add about those. The 175 is fantastic, I know that much. It just has an extra gear that pretty much every other disc I've thrown in my life doesn't have (besides possibly the Lace I just got and thrown a few times in the field). The Vette also has never gotten too flippy for me. It's, dare I say, controllable even. I'm experimenting with moving to lower weights overall (winter and elevation) but it will be hard to boot the 175.

The last G* Corvette I got is 175g. Someone traded it to me after I dug their disc out of a lake.

The thing absolutely smashes despite being max weight. It'll flip if you get way too assertive with it, but overall it's a perfect disc. 450'+ all day long, and it outflies anything I put it up against.

Most G* Corvettes I've thrown are something like 14, 6, -2, 2. In G* plastic you really notice the added glide.

My sweet spot for the big D is 168-172g, isn't that weird? It's funny how I feel like I've proved this to myself with rigor.

I'll throw 175g of a different disc into a headwind. But if it's not a headwind I like the sub 175g drivers to go farthest.

Curious to hear the results on this...

Yep, that's what I'm finding as well and that's why I've pretty much only been acquiring 168-172g for anything 7 speed and up lately. I have plenty of max weight. But this 175g Corvette is... different. I'll throw it in any wind besides a strong head. It's that reliable. The low profile (although it has dome) just cuts through most anything. I also don't even need to throw it hard. It doesn't need a 14 speed rip at all in my experience. More like an 11.

I have a ton of love for my 175g. It's what I've beat in and it's what I'm comfortable with. Gonna be interesting to compare the 166 and 171 I just got. Maybe I'll end up bagging TWO GStar Vettes. That'll be peak disc golf right there.

The last G* Corvette I got is 175g. Someone traded it to me after I dug their disc out of a lake.

The thing absolutely smashes despite being max weight. It'll flip if you get way too assertive with it, but overall it's a perfect disc. 450'+ all day long, and it outflies anything I put it up against.

Most G* Corvettes I've thrown are something like 14, 6, -2, 2. In G* plastic you really notice the added glide.

My man.

175gs truly are legit. There's something magic in that disc. I think the max weight really keeps it neutral and not too flippy. I'm also gonna go ahead and give it a 7 glide. Can't wait to put it up against the 166 and 171 I just got.

Anyone have experience with Pro Corvettes? Just got one with a dome that matches my GStars but haven't thrown it.

Anyone seen Corvettes in other plastics that have any similarity to the GStar flight? A lot of the Stars and Champs I've seen are flat, stiff and can't hold a candle to the GStar.

When domey Color Glow Star Corvette? I want the 2022 NQ Wraith feel and dome in a Corvette real bad.

Last edited:
Since OTB gives a dome scale, I bought a domey Pro thinking it might bomb. Turns out it's as stable as my Chargers. So, it's sitting in the into the wind position until it beats in some. I was surprised by it's stability. Really reminds me of the newer run Falcons.

Last edited:

Latest posts