• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

Greatest disc ever released from the innova store since the last disc they released.

lol

Well I still have to get some more throws in with my leopard, but I am definitely getting some gstar teebirds. I dont mind the softer feel, but then again I am a fan of the soft 400s Prodigy Plastic so maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited:
I don't really throw Innova anymore since all the fantastic dd and lat discs came out... BUT this Gstar plastic feels amazing, amazing. Haven't thrown them yet, but just received my TL's and am going to soon. They feel aaamazing, but doesn't seem like it will hold up (like reg star plastic) if it hits anything, but we will see.

Gummy Star! :clap:

My TL's came in the mail Saturday and I have to say I am very excited to throw them. Picked up 2 of the leopards and was a little disappointed in how soft they were. The TL's just feel amazing. Hopefully I will get the chance to throw both the Leopards and the TL's this week. Interested to see how they compare to other plastic runs of each I've thrown over the years.

scored a teebird (not TL) on eBay, so I'm very excited to get it. Hope it falls more in the TL blend than the Leo blend (from what I've heard of the two, that is)

g-star leopard review

Hey everyone I just got the new g-star leopard and let me tell you it's awesome! If you like the star plastic but you don't want to wait to Break it in get a gstar plastic. A lot of grip plus even in the winter it's soft like it was summer. I find it a great winter disc because it stays soft and flexible. In flight it has a little more movement but still stays to flight plan.

Hey everyone I just got the new g-star leopard and let me tell you it's awesome! If you like the star plastic but you don't want to wait to Break it in get a gstar plastic. A lot of grip plus even in the winter it's soft like it was summer. I find it a great winter disc because it stays soft and flexible. In flight it has a little more movement but still stays to flight plan.

I agree with you man, I'm a big fan of the gstar teebird, I haven't thrown the Leo, but that is one of my favorite discs along with the TB. I think it would be beneficial to have a gstar leo, because it takes me forever to break in star and champ to a level of beatness that is nice for flat power drives that turn over at the end.

My TB flies exactly like my beat up champ or star teebirds. It flies as if I have been throwing it for 6 months. I love it. I'm not how sure I will like it in the blazing heat of the summer, but here in the northwest, it is a nice addition to the bag for me. Especially in the cold/frozen/wet/snowy conditions. I have max weight and might see a problem if I was throwing something in the 160's being too light/flippy with my power level. But overall, I'm very happy with my gstar plastic.

So it seems that you can no longer get these from the Innova Proshop...anyone wanna sell/trade a Gstar Leopard? Or know where I can still get one?

The leopard has been gone from the store for like 5 weeks

I don't really throw Innova anymore since all the fantastic dd and lat discs came out... BUT this Gstar plastic feels amazing, amazing. Haven't thrown them yet, but just received my TL's and am going to soon. They feel aaamazing, but doesn't seem like it will hold up (like reg star plastic) if it hits anything, but we will see.

Gummy Star! :clap:

I blasted one into a wood fence and then a tree without any damage. I suspect they will be less resilient than normal star but maybe not.

I really like all of the g-star I have tried (except maybe the tern), but my favorite by far is the leopard. It has tons of glide.

And I agree with everyone else that the leo is definitely the softest of the discs I have felt. The teebirds and destroyer seem to be the firmest.

Hopefully these will hold up to some beatings and not be too disgusting in the summer.

So it seems that you can no longer get these from the Innova Proshop...anyone wanna sell/trade a Gstar Leopard? Or know where I can still get one?

My local shop told me that they were expecting to get the production run Gstar within the next 2 weeks.

I'm assuming that they tested the Mamba to make sure it's not flippy out of the box because if it's as low on the stability range and the Teebird was, that's going to be one understable momma.

Latest posts