• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Groove Review

That's exactly how I felt when I bought one. Everyone was talking crap on it for months. So I said "alright already, you sold me." And I was like wtf this disc has no glide and is over stable. I still have a spot in my heart for it even if I don't throw it.

"The negative 2 turn and the 2 fade just kinda cancel each other out and it goes straight" That thing didn't go straight once :doh:

I love how he expected it to turn and hold it for a while then fade but then throws a noob hyzer..

It looked like most were hyzer bombs. I can get it to go straight and flat at least, but it makes a massive skip if it's low. He should have had a tripod to show the flight.

Grooves all over the world are going 200 feet all noob hyzer.

I do love the line "well that didn't go very far."

Growing pains of disc golf. I guess we all went through it at some point.

BTW, was that joshhyzer's video?

I have thrown them for a few years and have had nothing but success with this disc. I have the one in my bag and backups as well. I think It gets a bad rap. I don't mind considering It makes it easier for me to pick one up cheap. Of course I am not the type of guy to just follow the pack with 4 destroyers in my bag. It's all about what you can get to land by the basket.

I liked how the little white sticker/tab that Innova puts on the bottom edge of the disc was still on there when he picked the disc up after the first throw.

I have to admit though, three years ago when I was first looking up disc golf info on the internets I would have thought this guy was a guru.

Just another dg tragedy where hyped up hope is crushed. First time I've seen it on video though. Note to self: get a go pro and share your misery.

"Hole 9. Don't turn your disc over or you'll kill somebody in oncoming traffic."

I have thrown them for a few years and have had nothing but success with this disc. I have the one in my bag and backups as well. I think It gets a bad rap. I don't mind considering It makes it easier for me to pick one up cheap. Of course I am not the type of guy to just follow the pack with 4 destroyers in my bag. It's all about what you can get to land by the basket.

I played in a tournament last year with a guy who was absolutely destroying a groove throwing forehand. I can't flick to save my life, but if I could I would definitely try a groove after watching him...

"... and gonna go for a lot of spin here."
Attempts to throw flat, but disc launches up to the sky.
"Oh no!"
"Yeah... alright".
Quick cut to next hole.

LOL

Sorry, I don't mean to rag on the guy, because I used to be there too, but that's just funny. I can't get through the whole thing though.

Latest posts