• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Pro plastic

adam423

Par Member
I've never thrown any Pro/RPro plastic. How do they generally fly compared to other plastic of the same disc? More/less overstable, more/less glide, etc.

pro plastic is good for roc's and wraiths. r-pro is strait up awful unless u play treeless courses and want an excuse to carry a boss.

I'm actually thinking about getting a pro valk off ebay or something, because they don't seem to make them anymore. Just wondering if I should skip the pro and go for champion instead.

In my experience, they fly a little straighter than champ or star, but do have a tendency to turnover and not come back. I would suggest getting a high weight, especially for a valkyrie.

get the valk in star or champ, it won't get overly'flippy, but it'll come outta medium hyzer and flip flat for a 300ft thrower

the dx is ridiculously flippy after tree-tuning :)
the pro is decent for at least 5 rounds on a wooded course, i'd guess 30 rounds or so if it always hit grass, but it'll get to an undecided kinda flippy to super flippy from throw to throw afterwords, might be the good grip getting better yet unrepeatable snap??? who knows, been a while, i just remember thinkin how unsure i was when i threw it as to how much it would flip

rpro is strictly for throwing in the open if you want it to last.

I've been wondering too because I don't want to put the money down for a champ or star shark, but am curious how tough it is and if it beats in a bit less than DX. While still being worth it for a good beat in disc but doesn't take hits as hard. Not sure I may just postpone buying a new shark but it would be nice to have one that's not so torn up and flies a bit more like it did at first.

I have an R-Pro Skeeter that I bought before I understood the fact that it was different from regular Pro.

It worked out because I use it as a putter now and the R-Pro is good for that but I will never buy R-Pro again.

I have a Pro Wraith that is slightly under-stable, but has unbelievable glide, compared to the Star or DX.

I have used an old pro gazelle for 54 recorded rounds and probably another 10 unrecorded and not only have not dinged it up too bad, it also still flies right.

New pro I don't have as much faith in, though my Pro Rhyno seems durable.

weren't the KC Pro Gazelles in champ or ce plastic?
I wouldn't get a driver in pro plastic - everyone that I have had becomes extremely flippy after several dings (Beast, Wraith, Starfire). However, pro plastic is pretty good in some midranges, especially a Roc.

Yea as much as i like the r-pro plastic i am now finding it to flippy for it's own good. Seem I am really turning over shots consistently with it. I like the lighter weights though and when i get a good throw it is my farthest in my bag but it also turnsover and never comes back and since i am not that good anyway I will probably remove it from my bag and go with something else.

Pro plastic might be good for players who are finding the Champ or Star Plastic a bit too piggish. It'll be interesting to see reports on a Pro Boss.

R-Pro plastic might be good for a paperweight. I've tried both the Dart and Aviar and am not impressed. About the only consolation is that when I shank a putt (which I may have made with a DX Aviar), it drops and dies instead of rolls.

I've been wondering too because I don't want to put the money down for a champ or star shark, but am curious how tough it is and if it beats in a bit less than DX. While still being worth it for a good beat in disc but doesn't take hits as hard. Not sure I may just postpone buying a new shark but it would be nice to have one that's not so torn up and flies a bit more like it did at first.

the star shark kicks arse..and it will not beat up like a dx..

Pro plastic might be good for players who are finding the Champ or Star Plastic a bit too piggish. It'll be interesting to see reports on a Pro Boss.
QUOTE]

The light 167 pro boss is a domey flying sucker. Don't buy a white one, you'll lose it in the clouds. lol

I've got a pro starfire that I just love. I've got a pro dyed destroyer that i don't quite have the arm for yet...I've got an R-Pro Boss that is a fun little disc for honking them out there a ways and my dad has an R-Pro Dart that is a F***ed up little putter that I have a love hate relationship with.

If you want to toss a pizza dough...that's it right there.

so what can I say about pro plastic? Give it a try. I like mine a lot. I play in wooded courses a lot, but I don't toss those specific discs on tunnel holes, that's what my Z Stalker is for...

\/\/

So if someone was looking for a disc to be a little more flippy, Pro would do the trick asside from beating up a DX disc?