• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Rollo

redflyer717

Par Member
The PDGA approved the new Rollo midrange from Innova today. 5 6 -5 1 are the flight numbers. Anyone in the market for an extremely flippy mid has another option now.

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/rollo

innova_rollo-info.jpg

Last edited:
Looks kinda like the Jay bottom + Wombat3 top. Rim depth is very shallow (1.1cm) and matches the Stingray/Cobra (DX) but rim thickness matches up closer to the premium plastic Innova 5 speeds (1.5cm). I wonder if this will keep the -5 turn flight rating by the time it gets released.

Innova's most recent similar flight number's disc is the Manta (V-tech Stingray).

ROLO brand candies will allow it....:|

I love really flippy discs, so can't wait to try this one out.

I also love flippy discs, but don't love premium plastic. If this is supposed to be -5 in star, a DX version should be off the charts flippy. Doubt they'll ever run it in DX. I'll stick with stingrays.

Rollo is a terrible name imo

I also love flippy discs, but don't love premium plastic. If this is supposed to be -5 in star, a DX version should be off the charts flippy. Doubt they'll ever run it in DX. I'll stick with stingrays.

Rollo is a terrible name imo

That or it will be primarily a DX release.

I am kinda opposite and while I don't mind throwing base I prefer my very flippy stuff not to be. I often bag a paradox and vortex and don't want to worry about them getting flippier. Meanwhile I smile when my fossil gila smashes another tree. It looks mangled but flies so straight.
That said, I do have nostalgia feels when someone pulls out an old worn off stamp DX stingray for a short roller.

That or it will be primarily a DX release.

I am kinda opposite and while I don't mind throwing base I prefer my very flippy stuff not to be. I often bag a paradox and vortex and don't want to worry about them getting flippier. Meanwhile I smile when my fossil gila smashes another tree. It looks mangled but flies so straight.
That said, I do have nostalgia feels when someone pulls out an old worn off stamp DX stingray for a short roller.

I have really dry hands for whatever reason, so my base plastic preference is all about grip. I would use more premium if I could get a consistent grip on it.

Ever tried max wax or other grip aide? I work in a humid environment and live in a dry one so I understand grip issues.

I've been meaning to try a few different types and even the gloves, just haven't gotten around to it. I had figured out I got a better grip on the low grade plastics before there were many dg specific grip aides on the market. I tried a birdie bag back in the day, but it seems like that's aimed at those with the opposite problem.

It would be a lot easier filling the overstable slots if I threw premium plastic.

I've been meaning to try a few different types and even the gloves, just haven't gotten around to it. I had figured out I got a better grip on the low grade plastics before there were many dg specific grip aides on the market. I tried a birdie bag back in the day, but it seems like that's aimed at those with the opposite problem.

It would be a lot easier filling the overstable slots if I threw premium plastic.

Yup, it was part of what drew me to Kastaplast, and even prodigy to an extent. Dry hands grip them well. Prodigy 400 almost feels like base sometimes while being quite a bit more durable than pro. Max wax makes everything grippy and I have yet to feel like its "too grippy".

I'd highly recommend giving wax a try. There was a local guy who sold a beeswax formula for a while. I tried some of his stuff for my wife who has issues with her grip. It helped a little, but he ended up giving up on it, so we make our own now using a blend of different waxes and grip additives. The claims MaxWax make are not exaggerated IMHO. For my wife, having a consistent grip has led to more confidence, more accuracy and more distance. I use my own blend (a little less grippy) and have found that using it before every shot helps even out feel differences between different plastics and that it REALLY helps with putting. My release is way more consistent and I plan to make putts from 39-45', where I used to only hope to. In rain or cold I swap to the formula my wife uses and hardly lose any distance or accuracy. I haven't gained much if any distance, but control and consistency are much improved.

With that said, unless you really need to dial in a formula specific to you, I'd recommend using the MaxWax. If it had been on the market when the other stuff went kaput, I never would have dived down the rabbit hole I did. Experimenting to find what works for us took quite a bit of time, effort and wasn't exactly cheap. On the bright side, I should now have a lifetime supply of everything I need.

I usually squish a couple blades of grass, or a leaf or something between my fingers and then I've got grip for my throw. It lasts exactly one throw, if you're quick. Be careful which leaf you grab in some parts of the country.

I'll have to try maxwax for the summer months when the grass is dry.

--------
@puckstopper - your sig is ignorant and you sound like a walking hate crime. You can say whatever you want but you have to pay the consequences for lies and violence. Ask Fox News.

--------
@puckstopper - your sig is ignorant and you sound like a walking hate crime. You can say whatever you want but you have to pay the consequences for lies and violence. Ask Fox News.

I appreciate you taking the time to prove my point. I didn't advocate or even imply violence. I don't promote silencing your point of view, I simply object to folks like you who DO feel the need to silence the opposition. Despite a fairly innocuous statement of opinion, you felt the need to make assumptions about who I am, what I believe and what my meaning was. If you'd like to have a conversation in DM's I'm happy to address any questions you may have.

Last edited:

Latest posts