• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Soft Pro Plastic

DeanMoriarty

Do Not Disturb
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member

Just got a Xero in the mail today in this plastic.

It is VERY flexible.. Like even more than an RFF Wizard or the old Latitude 64 soft plastic.

I have not had a chance to use it yet but I'm hoping this will be a good winter disc.

Pig & Rhyno, please.

Buy one in another mold first and then ask yourself if you really want a Pig to be THAT bendy and soft.

I think it's perfect for putting putters but I don't know if It'd want this one in anything faster than a 2 speed.

Like, it's REALLY bendy and flexible lol. You could 1000% do a Blowfly ball putt with these things and they'd go right back to normal after.. maybe.

Buy one in another mold first and then ask yourself if you really want a Pig to be THAT bendy and soft.

I think it's perfect for putting putters but I don't know if It'd want this one in anything faster than a 2 speed.

Like, it's REALLY bendy and flexible lol. You could 1000% do a Blowfly ball putt with these things and they'd go right back to normal after.. maybe.
I know I want to have a Rhyno/Toro in that plastic as a hit and stick approach disc.

Rhyno and Invader please. The plastic release is super exciting but the molds they've released them in are kind of...meh. Ill buy the Aviar in hopes it will spread production to other molds.

I'm surprised you don't place dying instantly as a value in an approach disc. The pig can die pretty quickly. Sure. But why not make it suffer less. A floppy Toro would just (finally) compete with the Tactic and Harp, and Zone four speed overstable ditties, which all do have the die instantly option available.
I like the Toro plenty. It just doesn't have a soft option my wimpy hands prefer to use during cold season. I usually go with a Tactic in SOFT exo and love its tendency for a die on contact or grab what it lands on sort of end-life. Lot better than the capability to ricochet on contact, and/or catch an edge to skip/roll the harder plastics add in to the mix. An irritatingly soft, and grabby Toro that you can also personally puddle top some aggression at while you figure out how to get yourself out of what it will need to flop and die on contact with seems like a very valuable option.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you don't place dying instantly as a value in an approach disc. The pig can die pretty quickly. Sure. But why not make it suffer less. A floppy Toro would just (finally) compete with the Tactic and Harp, and Zone four speed overstable ditties, which all do have the die instantly option available.
I like the Toro plenty. It just doesn't have a soft option my wimpy hands prefer to use during cold season. I usually go with a Tactic in SOFT exo and love its tendency for a die on contact or grab what it lands on sort of end-life. Lot better than the capability to ricochet on contact, and/or catch an edge to skip/roll the harder plastics add in to the mix. An irritatingly soft, and grabby Toro that you can also personally puddle top some aggression at while you figure out how to get yourself out of what it will need to flop and die on contact with seems like a very valuable option.

Yea that could be good considering one of the few problems I have with approaching w/ a Pig is sometimes that extremely harsh 10-15 foot skip past the basket. A very soft Pig could potentially absorb the blow and sit right down.

Hopefully Innova will give us a chance to test that theory out someday.

Curious how much more flexible these are than R Pro. Many moons ago I had an R Pro Aviar PnA that was perfect for catch warmups

Curious how much more flexible these are than R Pro. Many moons ago I had an R Pro Aviar PnA that was perfect for catch warmups
Finally bit the bullet and got a Soft Aviar and Soft Firefly. The difference in softness is real. The Aviar is borderline floppy in the hand, but the Firefly has some rigidity in the rim. Still the softest P2/Firefly ever made by far. They are both ever so slightly puddle topped too, which I personally prefer especially on the Firefly.

I took them both out for some field work in 15 F weather the other day. I threw with gloves for the first time and felt like I could still grip these things really well. They had less glide than I expected, but the flight was about what you would expect to see from both. Aviar dead straight or easy hyzer flips with some power behind it. Firefly straight to fade with zero turn on a flat release.

Thought i ordered green and red but got a green and yellow in. Yellow is board flat like r pros, green is just about the same. Green is slightly less soft, neither are crazy floppy. You can actually tune them a bit lol. They taco a little when bent but can be put right back into shape. Green was a little wonky out of the box but went back to flat after maybe 30 minutes. Sadly didn't get to huck em

Pro shop restocks for the Soft Pro Firefly and Whale in max weights if anyone is looking - character addition stamp this time like what the Rhyno had on first release.

Latest posts