• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Soft Pro Plastic

🐖

I like R-Pro Pig enough to not really feel the need for these. Picked up a few of the max weight Rhynos yesterday after what looked like a small restock (sold out of 173-5 now).
I had the r-pro pig and the soft rhyno out this weekend. There is a noticeable difference in their reaction to the things they come in contact with. The pig skids more on ground reactions, and takes further kicks off of things. The rhino grabbed when it hit the ground, and when it hits a tree, it gets stopped more, and plops down.

I have been ignoring Pro Soft so far but now there's a Toro. I remember taco-ing an R-Pro Dragon on a single tree hit back in the day, and this stuff is "3x softer than R-Pro"?

Is it like an Elevation discs polymer that feels rubbery and so flexible that it doesnt really have any integrity to lose?

Or is it like DC Soft and Trilogy Super Soft? Not to be thrown hard in the woods. Or anywhere near rocks, gravel, or pavement. Ace gently if you must.

I have been ignoring Pro Soft so far but now there's a Toro. I remember taco-ing an R-Pro Dragon on a single tree hit back in the day, and this stuff is "3x softer than R-Pro"?

Is it like an Elevation discs polymer that feels rubbery and so flexible that it doesnt really have any integrity to lose?

Or is it like DC Soft and Trilogy Super Soft? Not to be thrown hard in the woods. Or anywhere near rocks, gravel, or pavement. Ace gently if you must.
I would hope plastic is like a really flexible old pre R--Pro type of Pro Used on Rhyno in durability.

Dragon is an R--Pro feeling disc in some freak DX where less durable then other DX discs 10 grams lighter to same weight at least all Dragon since 2006 when Champion came out as we know plastic being clear/nearly clear in most run. My second Dragon from 2007/2008 was like this same plastic used for Hydra until R--Pro came out only in old R-Pro DX Hydra being 170 grams as well as a putter was better and more durable becuse of disc design.

All I know is disc will not be like Supreme plastic Ching used for Juju putters where Ching discs were made by Innova. Supreme as Ching called plastic, this was a forerunner plastic Innova had in stock when working on developing modern Champion that was exactly like Champion only almost as soft as a modern Steady Ed Plastic.

Well, this may be at least somewhat useful; I haven't held the plastic but I asked a friend of mine who owns a Soft Pro Xero to compare the feel and gumminess to my Megasoft Harp and he said it was about the same.

Cool. The megasoft Harp was the last straw for me and soft baseline plastic. I will wait for the next Toro run of XG Champ.

The rhynos at least are similar feel to the old softer pro, definitely more flexible. Havent gotten out much but just from putting practice in the yard it probably is a bit less durable than nexus? No crazy gouges but maybe someone whos thrown them more can speak on that. Its a fantastic soft imo, a slight flop but nothing like the crazy floppy golem i had from elevation

The rhynos at least are similar feel to the old softer pro, definitely more flexible. Havent gotten out much but just from putting practice in the yard it probably is a bit less durable than nexus? No crazy gouges but maybe someone whos thrown them more can speak on that. Its a fantastic soft imo, a slight flop but nothing like the crazy floppy golem i had from elevation
I had the soft pro rhyno with me on vacation in Santa Fe, at the course in Monica Lucero park. It looks ike it will wear similar to an older Pro Pig I have. It looks a bit chippy when it gouges.