• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova StarLite

zparcell

Bogey Member
They're trying it out.

row5-a.jpg
row5-b.jpg

It was really a matter of time. They'll shatter after a few trees.

:popcorn:

I'm wondering if this is going to just be bubbles or that additive thing they used before that made all those meathook destroyers (which I would like to buy or trade for cheap if anybody has any they don't want)

Interesting that they're rebranding it even though they've been producing starlite destroyers with the same process for years.

I have a 150G Star Boss that obviously has gotten the Blizzard treatment. It is pop top and flies just like a domey Boss should.

I'll post pics of some visible bubbles in the wing and inside the rim when I get a chance.

I have a 150G Star Boss that obviously has gotten the Blizzard treatment. It is pop top and flies just like a domey Boss should.

I'll post pics of some visible bubbles in the wing and inside the rim when I get a chance.

I've seen one of these also. I didn't really like Blizzards, so I don't really think I'll be trying these out either.

That stamp says disco all the way...

doesnt the star lite process produce discs that are insanely overstable? thats how it works for the bosses and destroyers at least.....

I'm failing to see how this differs from Blizzard? Why not just make a Roadrunner in Blizzard instead of "starlite"? Also and MOST importantly, the stamp is atrocious! :p

Could be that smaller rimmed discs didn't take the bubbles too well in champion... So they'll do Blizzard high speed discs, and starlite low speed discs.

They already make Star in 150 class. This seems so unnecessary.
I thought the point of the blizzard was to make wide rim discs in lighter weights and in durable plastic.

Wha' happen?

i guess i'm just confused on the whole process. my local pias has plenty of 150 class star sidewinder x outs, so why is putting out a star roadrunner in 150 class a big deal? most of the non wide rimmed drivers can be found in 150 class champ or star is you look around hard enough. i could maybe see the use in this if they wanted to get ALL drivers down in the 130 range, but do you really need a special process to get a disc already made in 150 class down another 10-15 grams?

if innova is wanting to keep up with the popularity of blizzard, why don't they just come up with some special stamp for anything low 160 and under and slap that on everything. blizzard refers to the bubbles, but players don't necessarily want the bubbles, they want a 150 class detroyer or boss that their arm can handle. call it cruiser class or something like that and let it encompass all plastics and molds.

Starlight vs. Starlite

Two different things.
Starlight is stabilized, creating overstable Star discs in lighter weights.
Starlite is Blizzard Star.

Yep, this is gonna make things less confusing. :rolleyes:

Starlight vs. Starlite

Two different things.
Starlight is stabilized, creating overstable Star discs in lighter weights.
Starlite is Blizzard Star.

Yep, this is gonna make things less confusing. :rolleyes:

I think this is incorrect. There is no such thing as 'star light', only starlite. Starlite is the process they used to stabilize the lighter star plastic discs, which resulted in freakishly stable discs, which they have now decided to release as a normal run i guess. Have to read through the history of the PDGA board to find some of this: http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1467049&postcount=12722