• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] New Pd2 Innova mold?

crushboi

Is Discmania using Innovas old Pd2 mold? On Discmanias page for the Pd2 it says that it was approved in 2010 and is the Pd2 Chaos.🤔
IMG_5821.png

Last edited:
Is Discmania using Innovas old Pd2 mold? On Discmanias page for the Pd2 it says that it was approved in 2010 and is the Pd2 Chaos.🤔
View attachment 330146
No, and I don't even know if Innova is producing any of the OG PD2s besides the run or 2 of the Elixir they ran in 2021. I believe they should've had to recertify every new mold, but the old molds are still valid from the original approval date.

No, and I don't even know if Innova is producing any of the OG PD2s besides the run or 2 of the Elixir they ran in 2021. I believe they should've had to recertify every new mold, but the old molds are still valid from the original approval date.
I know that they are still valid but innova owns the og mold and it appears that discmania is using the innova one.

Just leftover page details for the old PDGA approval... Newly announced PD2 will get new approval. The plastic swirls are the same as what they've been producing with Lat64.

Innova still makes the PD2 mold as the Infinite discs Conquerer and the Power Disc2 Elixir

Just leftover page details for the old PDGA approval... Newly announced PD2 will get new approval. The plastic swirls are the same as what they've been producing with Lat64.

Innova still makes the PD2 mold as the Infinite discs Conquerer and the Power Disc2 Elixir
Ok so you don't think that discmania bought the mold from innova?

Makes since though

Innova still makes the PD2 mold as the Infinite discs Conquerer and the Power Disc2 Elixer

Xcal has FIVE glide. Why does nobody throw the Xcal?

Side note, how has Innova not made the Xcal OOP? I throw it personally but I've never (knowingly) met someone IRL that throws them too.

No, they (DM and Lat64) 'recreated' the PD mold already. PD2 is just a wider and slightly deeper rim.

Maybe reuse some parts of an existing Trilogy OS distance driver mold with the PD top? or a new mold created just for the latest Lat64 Royal or DD Supreme lines. Lat64 recently got the Strive approved (13/5/-1/3). Maybe a new DD Sockibomb OS distance driver coming in the future to replace the defender/enforcer.

Side note, how has Innova not made the Xcal OOP? I throw it personally but I've never (knowingly) met someone IRL that throws them too.
Sexton throws them... that's enough to keep them in production, and I'm sure other Innova Pros keep one for real windy stuff where a beefy Destroyer just won't do.

I throw Xcals.... with several caveats.

Only when the wind is up, which is often in Oklahoma. Only PFN star or E-star that I've scrounged from used bins. Only bag flat ones, domey seem to be more OS and I like flat for my FH grip and release. Almost exclusively throw them FH, my BH is kinda noodle.

Wraiths typically suffice for me in moderate wind but I can yack a Xcal FH into a headwind with confidence. I have quite a stack of PFN Xcals and never paid over $10 for them.

More popular than the Krait, TeeDevil, and Dominator which have become OOP in recent years.

Only person I've encountered on course with one said the new Star Xcal they purchased was less stable than their Destroyer and disappointed. I think the Xcal rim is better for FH than the sharper Destroyer and PD2.

Innova isn't selling anyone any mold pieces. It just doesn't happen. Likely parts of the PD2 mold are still used for other Innova discs they are still producing, and Infinite Discs often adds discs that Innova stops selling. Discmania is going to have to re-create any of the "originals" molds they are using; Innova isn't selling them anything.

Nope. Innova has been doing quite the opposite and just admitting (on the pro shop site) which molds USED to be what Discmania mold. It may, or probably will not include the anhyzer top.

I think the infinite discs conqueror is the pd2 mold
The James Proctor signature Conqueror is sick. I got one but haven't thrown it. Probably will just keep it because it's one of the few red/blue ones. But yes its the PD2 mold and they are very dope!

Latest posts