• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Stud: New PnA

They do have a slight dome to them, like the proto and production star ones. For those that have handle champ classic rocs, it feels like them in the hand.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I did go out and throw 2 of the 3 that I got. It was fairly windy yesterday. (gusts around 20 mph) They are more stable than the production star ones that I have. They handle the wind well. I will still do a full review after I get uot and throw them more.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

How does the Stud compare to a ringer/breaker/zone? I'm coming from a Discraft bag and looking for a similar disc.

How does the Stud compare to a ringer/breaker/zone? I'm coming from a Discraft bag and looking for a similar disc.

Stud throws fairly straight for me even with decent power and finishes with moderate to mild fade. The Breaker & Zone would be more overstable.

I bag either a Colt or Stud along with a Zone to cover my short approach stability range.

Stud throws fairly straight for me even with decent power and finishes with moderate to mild fade. The Breaker & Zone would be more overstable.

I bag either a Colt or Stud along with a Zone to cover my short approach stability range.

Sweet. Thanks for the help. Sounds like it is still useful.

I haven't thrown a Ringer or Breaker, but I have an ESP Zone. The Zone is (much) more overstable than a Stud. The Stud's V-tech underside keeps it straighter than one would normally expect; I learned that through experience when I threw the Stud expecting it to hyzer and it fought out of the hard hyzer.

The Zone is in the Harp and Gator arena. The Stud doesn't fade that much...

Someday Innova will get around to putting the Rhyno top on the Stud wing. I'm hoping it will be overstable.

So I picked up a star stud and it feels pretty awesome. Quick question though, do they all have patent numbers on the plate? Assuming it's an xd bottom plate?

Someday Innova will get around to putting the Rhyno top on the Stud wing. I'm hoping it will be overstable.

It won't be. The V-tech is what keeps the Stud from being more OS than it is. Maybe an Aviar3 or AviarX3 would be in the ballpark of what you're looking for.

So I picked up a star stud and it feels pretty awesome. Quick question though, do they all have patent numbers on the plate? Assuming it's an xd bottom plate?

My Star Studs (and Star Colts) have the patent numbers on them.

It won't be. The V-tech is what keeps the Stud from being more OS than it is. Maybe an Aviar3 or AviarX3 would be in the ballpark of what you're looking for.

This is just stupid. V-tech is a marketing ploy. High plh v-tech is overstable. Low plh v-tech is not.

This is just stupid. V-tech is a marketing ploy. High plh v-tech is overstable. Low plh v-tech is not.

Disagree that V-tech is only a marketing ploy. But marketing ploy or not, I just know that my all my Star Studs resist fading as much as I expected them to. But the OP can try it out for himself and see.

Tell me about it...stumbled into a bloody war zone apparently. Appreciate the apology.

If you were genuinely curious, Proxy is rated as -1/1 on Infinite, Community, and inBounds. Other sites rate it differently.

I know what you mean, I was simply asking if anybody uses a Discraft Impact and for what, I got the majority saying they use that or Innova Wombat/Wombat 3, their version of the Discraft Impact, to do a tunnel shot. The last 10% I felt were trying to force me to switch to a Buzz. I Said to them even though I like flight of the buzz the Impact was a disc I found had more use to me in tunnel shots and shots a midrange is not enough but a fairway driver is too much on holes that go straight or are more open holes. Even after that they were still trying to force me to switch to a Buzz even though I told them have the Shark for that type of distance of shot. Even after that last bit about Sharks I had one or two still say a Buzz is what I should throw instead of an Impact, trying to force me into using a Buzz and trying to get me to drop the Shark.

Ive been bagging a Star Stud for a while now for my shorter approach shots and am surprised at how many people arent familiar with it. I've never even thought about driving it but maybe I'll have to give it a try.

these felt great in the hand. flew well on my initial field tests. problem is I have limited space in my bag and it just never has been able to take the place of something else.

I got some tacky xt runs that most likely will get a spot on a day when the humidity is up and temp down.

Ive been bagging a Star Stud for a while now for my shorter approach shots and am surprised at how many people arent familiar with it. I've never even thought about driving it but maybe I'll have to give it a try.

I love the Star Stud for certain drives. There's a downhill dogleg-right hole on my home course that I throw the Star Stud on, and it turns over, drifts right, then may or may not fight back out of it, depending on the wind.. The Stud replaced the Lucid Judge and Opto Pure as my favorite discs there.

On another hole on that course, three trees are right down the middle, so I throw the Stud, watch it drift right of the trees, then come back to the basket behind those trees.

I love the Star Stud for certain drives. There's a downhill dogleg-right hole on my home course that I throw the Star Stud on, and it turns over, drifts right, then may or may not fight back out of it, depending on the wind.. The Stud replaced the Lucid Judge and Opto Pure as my favorite discs there.

On another hole on that course, three trees are right down the middle, so I throw the Stud, watch it drift right of the trees, then come back to the basket behind those trees.

I like when a disc does that takes more then one shot in the bag. My Max weight 175 gram Sharks did something similar, took the place of a driving putter and do From midrange to approach shot with doing putter with the old Pro Plastic disc on very windy days.

I've been using Colts for a little while, the prototype Colts are really great and I also like the production ones in calm condition or with a tailwind. After reading about the Stud I bought two of them to compare, one XT and one Star, both 175g. Now I have to wait for them....

Latest posts