• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Innova TL3 vs. Discmania FD

nocalkind

Par Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, for those who have thrown both, what are your thoughts about how these discs stack up. I like FDs, but find it difficult to find hard, flattish ones consistently. Also, are the TL3s fairly flat?

Ladies and Gentlemen, for those who have thrown both, what are your thoughts about how these discs stack up. I like FDs, but find it difficult to find hard, flattish ones consistently. Also, are the TL3s fairly flat?

My GStar TL3 rises a bit from the edge of the rim inward, then the top of the flight plate is flat.

My S-Line FDs have some turn then some fade, and that's when fresh. The turn gets more pronounced as the disc seasons in. My Star TLs (not TL3, but the TL itself) started out with no turn and a reliable but not huge fade. As it seasoned in, the Star TL developed some turn, and acted a bit more like a fresh FD. The Champion TLs start out like fresh Star TLs and don't season in... at least mine have yet to.

Having said that, my GStar TL3 flew (fresh) very much like my fresh Star TLs. I haven't yet gotten the Star TL3s I've ordered, and will update this once I get them in.

The gist of all of the above is that for me the FD's -1,1 turn/fade is less stable than the 0,1 turn/fade of the TL, and so I'd expect the TL3 to likewise be more stable than the FD.

Last edited:

Have not thrown both, but the star and GStar TL3s I've seen are not fairly flat - a bit flatter than your typical TL, that is to say, somewhat domey. :D

Latest posts