• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vs. Discraft

However, at least in mids, ESP seems to have more glide than Star.

This might be because (AFAIK) more of DC's mids have been produced for use with premium plastic VS the opposite with Innova, having designed their best mids in the days of DX.

Innova Midrange v Discraft Midrange - I give Discraft another nod and mainly again to selection. They have the Buzzz, the Buzzz SS, Meteor, Wasp, Hornet, and Drone. This is quite a formniable lineup. While the Roc is definitely no slouch, at best it can be paired with a Mako and Shark. Innova obviously has other mids, but I think Discraft just has a higher average quality of mids.

Yeah, but an effective Innova mid line-up can be a new KC Pro Roc, a worn dx Roc and a beat up dx Roc. They also have other good molds, like for understable you can throw Panthers or Stingrays, Gators aren't bad overstable mids etc. You also forgot to mention the Comet.

Good post overall just a few minor contentions :)

Innova Putters v Discraft Putters - I give this category to Discraft because of how many operable putters they have. Innova may have the several versions of Aviars, but the same is true of Magnets. Discraft just has more of a selection.

Bah. Until EITHER company finds a good replacement for the Pro Rhyno, all the selection in the world won't keep me in putters at normal prices.

This might be because (AFAIK) more of DC's mids have been produced for use with premium plastic VS the opposite with Innova, having designed their best mids in the days of DX.

Yeah, but an effective Innova mid line-up can be a new KC Pro Roc, a worn dx Roc and a beat up dx Roc. They also have other good molds, like for understable you can throw Panthers or Stingrays, Gators aren't bad overstable mids etc. You also forgot to mention the Comet.

Good post overall just a few minor contentions :)

I definitely agree with the first statement. Anyone who knows their discing history definitely does not hold this against Innova for Discraft seemingly holding an edge here. For a newer player who either does not know and or does not care, just looking at flight charts, asking for word of mouth recommendations, or quickly glancing through these forums will definitely see a greater love for Discraft mids. They will see an ardent following for Rocs, but more mentions of a wider variety of molds like the Drone and Meteor when looking at the whole picture.

A lot can definitely be said on the versitility of the Roc. However, seasoning a Roc is a patient process and a skill earned through a lot of experience. For someone just starting out, the Roc basically only covers one slot in their stability range, albeit a huge slot. I do not know how beginners in my area gravitate towards them, but I see more Sharks than anything else.

As for the Comet, I do not know how I completely spaced on that mid. I was thinking of the whole Bee lineup Discraft has and at least then remembered the Meteor. While the Comet never worked for me, I am well aware that it is a standard of which many mids are compared to.

I have about equal of both but discraft has been getting more slots in the bag. I carry 2 buzzzes as my mids, One newer one beat, and a comet. And as stated many times before something about a gateway putter. I have a hard and evo warlock, and a challenger as a driving putter. I doubt I will ever give up my warlocks.

Latest posts