• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

innova vs discraft

culinarywiz

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Are you Innova or Discraft?

Specifically, why do you prefer one make over the other?
Curious to see the logic behind some peoples favoritism.

I am a huge Discraft fan. I currently only carry one Innova mold out of 12 molds (and yes, I am aware that 12 is alot of molds - I enjoy trying new plastic).

I have weeded Innova out of my bag because I feel Discraft has more predictability amongst molds. For example, a Buzzz always throws like a Buzzz. A Challenger always throws like a Challenger.
Whereas, there are so many variations of Roc's and Aviar's that I began to lose track of how each one flies.

Generally, however, most tournament wins come from Innova...even if they need 5 different Roc's to win it.

Eff those "you mean you didn't already search for this topic" guys.

I mostly play Innova because I haven't been playing that long and the Am division at my course payed out in Innova plastic.

Now that I'm a little more seasoned (and especially since I've come into contact with some smaller yet really generous companies) I'm starting to learn more about other discs.

This isn't a shot to the big guy either. Innova does a great job for the community. I've just always rooted for the underdog.

So after my altruistic rant I have a bag full of 18 Innova discs and 1 Millennium disc. It's hard to step away from what you know.

Nothing but polecats and number 2 rollers for me.

I, like many other people I would think, started out with only Innova because that was all that was available. I shyed away from everything else because I didn't have any idea what to expect from other disc companies. Now that I have had exposure to both Discraft and Innova (thanks misprint deal!) they both have equal space in my bag. I love my Buzzz, Surge SS, Challenger, Cyclone, Rhyno, Valkerie, Orc, Monarch, etc, etc, etc...

You know I'm pretty split and I always go back and forth...at one point this summer my bag was looking like it was almost all Innova and at another like it was all discraft. Right now, I'm almost split down the middle and feel more comfortable with the lineup in my bag than I've ever felt. It's all about what you like and not only working on your form, but also finding the right discs for you that help you do that and that work with what you're trying to accomplish.

I favor none; although it helps that I know more Innova discs for when I am comparing on flight charts but really; I use Joe's chart and from there I only look at numbers. Then I ask in the equipment board any extra info I want, probably to where I annoy everyone. lol

From there, it doesnt matter but I will say, more times than not, it has been Innova; although I just got a Banger-GT soft x and a Buzzz in X plastic and just from the feel, I am going to make the banger my putter and just learn it and I already like the feel of the Buzzz in X plastic and its edge better than my Roc; strictly on feel, but I also got a Boss in R-Pro and I like that a lot too based on feel.

I cant wait to take them out this weekend.

I was strictly innova but am now about 50/50 on the two brands. I am liking discraft more and more because it feels great in my hands (that's what she said). The esp plastic is amazing. I love the dynamic duo of my esp buzzz and wasp. I give the edge to innova on the faster drivers though.

discraft, the only disc by innova i have is a champion aviar
discraft is so much more consistent ( i know everybody sez that)

When innova starts building courses in the mitten I'll start throwing 'em. Til then it's craft! Wait I take that back! I don't want any more of those crappy baskets around here! Shout out to j. Keener and steady eddy for builing courses here in the 70's and 80's!