• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Innova yeti pro Aviar

I'm guessing here since I can't see your disc and I don't throw JK's, but for me the deal with Aviars always was that the best-feeling putting Aviars were older driving Aviars I had where the top would drop. There is a spot about 1" in from the wing where the plastic must thin out, and the whole flight plate drops down at that spot. The Yeti's I have drop at that same spot, so the size of the area that drops is the same. The Yeti's have a more dramatic concave top to them, my putting Aviars had a dropped top but that top is still pretty much flat. The Yeti top droops quite a bit. That never bothered me because the feel where I grip the disc was the same. A Yeti to me felt and flew like a seasoned Aviar out of the box. It has that comfortable drop-top feel and a lot of the fade you get from an new KC Aviar just isn't there.

This is pretty much exactly what Yeti wanted when Innova made this for him. His favorite KC's were the beat up ones and wanted something concave out of the box. Some of the new runs aren't as poppy concave with more of a yeti firmness & jk grip blend of plastic. From my talks with Jay its more the plastic than the mold itself that creates the concave top but there are a few different variations of wings and tops out on the market over the years as they've tried to get the shape/feel he wants.

I have a number of Aviars, but apparently did things backwards. I've only thrown McPros and KCs. Lately I love the KC Pros as primary putters (they're fresh so more overstable than I really want, but that has been perfect for Oklahoma wind) and then some off-tee and approach duty.

Am I right that yetis are a similar firmness, but a little less overstable out of the box? What about JKs?

The Yeti blend feels closer to the JK than the KC in my experience. The runs I've fondled are rubbery and waxy in feel. The firmness is all over the map.

My favorite Yetis are the 4x. A little scuffing up and they feel a lot like Eraser Wizards and I can use them all year.

Have a few 3X, but those seem a little slicker and harder, I keep them as back ups and bring them out when it gets real warm.

The 5Xs I've have seen seem really waxy and have a very deep concave top. Too uncomfortable for what I'm used to.

You can just do like I did and buy a bunch at once. All of mine are 3x. I've never felt a 4x or 5x so I have no reason to be unhappy with the 3x.

I never say never, but not really. I've seen what I believed were R-Pros with really concave tops with custom stamps that people swore up and down were beadless Yeti's, so there are at least three people I know off the top of my head that would say "Yes". Imma gonna say "no" though.

Last edited:
I never say never, but not really. I've seen what I believed were R-Pros with really concave tops with custom stamps that people swore up and down were beadless Yeti's, so there are at least three people I know off the top of my head that would say "Yes". Imma gonna say "no" though.

I would say, no.

Then it would just be a puddle top Aviar P&A

Yeti would not approve! :D

Thanks. I prefer beadless putters all around- driving, upshots and putting but really like the Yeti. Would love to stay consistent with feel so was hoping there was some sort of variation without the bead. Maybe there will be a pro one day that putts with the Yeti (besides Yeti) that would want to try it with out a bead.

Latest posts