• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's "NITEGLO" discs...

D.W.G.

Par Member
Sorry if this has been brought up already---I DIDN'T SEE IT...

Does anyone use these??? How well do they glow???

I was talking to a guy who throws late(10:00pm-11:00pm) and I started to wonder if a "GLO DISC" works like you would hope it would... Looked at a few places for reviews, but could not find any...

THANKS FOR THE INFO

i like the feel u need to get a really birght flashlight and charge them up each hole but then they glow really nice or like into the black jax led discs

Black Jax LED discs looks like the best bet to me... I couldnt imagine actually being able to see a fast flying disc in pitch dark unless it was actually luminicent as opposed to slightly glowing. Maybe they could make some that are filled with glow stick fluid you could crack and use once? Or maybe make mini glow stick inserts at 4 corners of the disc where you could interchange the mini-sticks... I duno, for now, LED black jax it is

You can see the Innova Nite Glo pretty well. Just go find yourself a mini black light and charge the disc up after every hole. I've gone out several times on several different courses and haven't lost a disc yet using just my Glo Roc and Glo Wizard. In my experience my Glo Wizard stayed lighted up the best at night.

A camera flash will charge up the glow discs even better than a flashlight, it seems to stay glowing pretty good for a solid 10 mins afterward.

I have an LED Black Jax and I like it a lot better than a glow disc. You don't have to worry about charging it up the glo disc or the glo disc fading.

If I were to give glow advice it would be to use LED beacons on your discs. Get some Champion plastic or Elite Z discs to tape it well on to the bottom of the disc. They do not seem to effect the flight of the disc. I have tried some of the Discraft Glow plastic and I was not super impressed with it. It would be god if your course was completely dark, but most courses have light pollution. The beacons are easier to see in the dark. Some of them come with their own tape, but I would strongly suggest getting some extra clear tape (packing tape) to attach them to the discs. I guess its not wonder that Discraft discontinued the Glow plastic. I am not sure about Innova's Glow plastic, but from my glow experience the beacons are a good way to go.

I'm not sure exactly what disc it was, be someone showed me a disc that had a divet in the rim of the disc where a glow stick would be put. And it was where you put your fingers for a power grip, not like a groove or a monarch, on the inside.

LED Beacons seem to be the best. We shot a night round a while ago and though fishing lure glowsticks were cheap, the LED beacons were brighter.

Glow plastic can also be charged with black light. I have a small battery powered blacklight that I can leave activated in a bag and keep my 2 glow discs charged pretty well. Haven't gone on a round with it yet though...

Latest posts