• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interested in an ace race event at civic center park in AH, Mi?

Would you play in an ace race event here?

• yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • no

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone from around this area or willing to travel to play an ace race event here?

You know I'd be in for sure!

Hell, even 200 is aceable with a putter, even with my noodle arm :D

I would be VERY surprised to see someone ace hole #7 with a putter. Theres a couple trees in the middle of the fairway, one of them is pretty big, and its up hill.

--------------------------

My aces there are on holes #2, #3, #4, #5, and #9. (ive aced 3,4,5 more than once too)

yea you need a buzzz for 7. damn tay how many times have you played that course, im not gonna lie ive only played it for real two times around lol, guess i gotta get there more

Facts about the 2009 AceRace for Metro Detroit

There's already an Ace Race in the local area(Troy, MI) on Sept 12th.......

Local club that is running it is:
http://www.motorcitychaingang.com/index.html
Civic Center is a great place for an AceRace, and has hosted in the past, but the section of the park where the course is located is too small for the number of participants the event draws, with little room for extra baskets. Event has been held at Raintree Park for several years running at this point.

I play in Motor City Chain Gang's weekly league, and have spoken to the Tournament Director about the AceRace at Raintree on the 12th:

1) Raintree isn't far from Civic Center (15 miles, 20 min, mostly highway).

2) Course was redone a couple of years ago: baskets are in good shape.

3) Raintree will be "modifed" for the AceRace. Some or all of the 9 existing baskets will be used, but not necessarily from the tee pad for that hole. Extra baskets will be brought in, and all the holes should be reasonable for aces (no 250-300 footers). TD specifically says he wants to keep it fair so the ladies can have a good time too.

4) Tourney consists of 2 rounds of 18 holes, normal Ace Race rules:
- 1 throw per player per hole
- Aces and Metal hits are recorded on card
- Most Aces wins, metal hits used as a tie-breaker

5) Registration info:
$25 per player = 2 prototype discs, 1 hat, and 1 mini disc
$30 for those who register on the day of the event.
Registration begins at 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
Event immediately follows...

Link straight to the specific forum posting for this event on the Chain Gang's website:http://www.motorcitychaingang.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=717

You can register online with Credit Card, via e-mail w/credit card, by phone, or in person the day of. The TD is a stand up guy and does a good job handling events.
I'll be the guy wearing the ABSOLUT hat - hope to see you there! :cool:

Last edited:
what is first place?

10 premium Discraft discs and a bag.........

Last years was this:

15362_g.jpg

Registration info:
$25 per player = 2 prototype discs, 1 hat, and 1 mini disc
$30 for those who register on the day of the event.
Registration begins at 11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
Event immediately follows...

You can't charge more than $25 for registration, even if they're walk-ups. Any additional costs to the players should be optional and only offered the day of the event, not added to pre-registration costs...see here.

You can't charge more than $25 for registration, even if they're walk-ups. Any additional costs to the players should be optional and only offered the day of the event, not added to pre-registration costs...see here.
From the Ace Race website Q & A
Q: I want to serve lunch to my players. Is it okay to increase my entry fee to $30 to cover the cost?

A: No. All Ace Race entry fees must be $25 (or equivalent for international events). If you want to offer additional side games or other benefits such as lunch, these must be optional for all players and not mandatory.

From the Ace Race website Q & A
Q: I want to serve lunch to my players. Is it okay to increase my entry fee to $30 to cover the cost?

A: No. All Ace Race entry fees must be $25 (or equivalent for international events). If you want to offer additional side games or other benefits such as lunch, these must be optional for all players and not mandatory.

Points well taken gentlemen. I'm just sharing the info that came off the league's forum post for the event. I may be a league member, but I don't come up with the rules. I can see where Discraft wants to enforce a level playing field from event to event, and prevent any type of skimming, scalping, or other unscrupulous activites... but I'll stand by my earlier statement that the TD is a stand up guy. I'm not sayin' he's Mother Theresa or Ghandi, but I've seen him in a position to take advantage of other people, but he's just not wired that way.

Personally, I don't know what's behind the $30, so I'll tell you what I do know (rather than provide my opinion):
- There are some side games (Ace pools, etc) at the event. I understand these to be separate from registration fees.
- Same TD has been running these for a few years now.
- This event is essentially in Discraft's back yard (30-45min drive from Discraft's HQ).

I've never been in an AceRace, but if Discraft's gonna have any sort corporate presence at any AceRace event, I suspect it'd be this one, and if not this year, in some previous year. I suppose they hold the power of Judge, Jury, and Executioner. I'll let them decide whether they think everything at the event is kosher or not.

I'm just lookin' forward to gettin' some new plastic and hitting Aces!

Last edited:

Latest posts