• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

Sounds like we are getting longer Teebirds in plastic that is just like CE but better.

I can understand you skepticism, and wont try to convince you otherwise. Sometimes it's just better to throw what you know, thanks for chiming in :)

Major credit to dgfanatic for weathering the storm in this thread. Not everyone is going to be pumped about it, but he has been taking the high road the whole time. I know my patience would have been cracked long ago. Well done.

Major credit to dgfanatic for weathering the storm in this thread. Not everyone is going to be pumped about it, but he has been taking the high road the whole time. I know my patience would have been cracked long ago. Well done.

If there is anything i have learned from DGCR is that there will always be haters and skeptics. Unless it is directed at me personally, no point in fighting them cause it will not only make you look bad, but the company too. Based on how Chris runs PF i have no doubt this will be a change for disc golf and cant wait to see it all happen and be apart of it as well

due to some miscommunication with the manufacturer, the discs were molded wrong and wont fit in your hand. still fo sale doe.

I don't really think the grammar thing is that big of a deal. They haven't even had an official announcement yet. Besides, it's not as if your post is free of grammatical errors either. It's easier to make mistakes than many people realize.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these giant discs. Just as a point of reference, the Innova Gopher is approved to 190.1 g, and it has a diameter of 22.9 cm. The Comet only has a diameter of 21.8 cm. This is going to be one giant driver.

I actually was making the point that obsessing over grammar at this stage is overkill. And I said in the post you quoted that as sensitive as I am to it, I make errors all the time myself.

And that the general public generally doesn't notice, since most of them couldn't even reading-comprehend their way out of a wet paper bag.

So, thanks for illustrating my point. And thanks for providing the numbers.

I can understand you skepticism, and wont try to convince you otherwise. Sometimes it's just better to throw what you know, thanks for chiming in :)

Nah, it wasn't a slight to you, or the new venture. It is just a joke towards DGCR. Whenever a new company, or disc comes out, at some point CE comes up, as does "longer Teebird".

Nah, it wasn't a slight to you, or the new venture. It is just a joke towards DGCR. Whenever a new company, or disc comes out, at some point CE comes up, as does "longer Teebird".

Haha I know, i was responding with a bit of sarcasm ;) but seriously the skeptics are out there, that post was for them

due to some miscommunication with the manufacturer, the discs were molded wrong and wont fit in your hand. still fo sale doe.

Haha, you always know how to stir up a thread man, ur very entertaining and slightly annoying at the same time lol

After a PM, I need to clarify my grammar comments.

I actually am on PF/SD's side here. Obsessing over the grammar content of a quickfire post about an intriguing new product is seriously overkill. I notice it too, without even wanting to sometimes. But...

The product is much more important to me than the pitch.

So, the 'poor grammar' wasn't killing me. The posts dismissing the new company/product because of a couple of spelling errors is what's killing me.

If the discs are awesome, I'll buy some, however they spell it.

...oh, and if it's a concern to the company, I'm totally available as a paid consultant w/r/t creating/editing website content. haha.

What do you think of Toronto's hockey team, the Maple Leafs? That one drives me nuts. </offtopic>

Ha, it doesn't bother me too much. Even given the historical context mentioned above, it's still bad grammar. At the end of the day, though, proper/brand names are often done differently, spelled using puns, or "cutsie" spelling or whatever.

Team names are a gray (grey) area, since some are named as one unit (like the Crimson Tide) and some are named as a collection of individuals (like the Panthers.)

And, the Leafs are obviously a Canadian franchise, which though we technically speak the same language, there are many subtle differences that I'm not up on. Especially considering the French influence on language in some regions north of the border.

/drift.

Not to continue with the grammar bashing, but you've mis-spelled Prometheus on the website - unless you were going for something 'unique'?

Not to continue with the grammar bashing, but you've mis-spelled Prometheus on the website - unless you were going for something 'unique'?

Don't worry, it's a mock website. The real one when finalized will look much nicer and wont have spelling and grammar errors

I think people are just tired of the "were going to change disc golf" attitude. It sounds interesting as it is, don't build it up as a game changer. If it is it is and that will be clear when it happens.

I think people are just tired of the "were going to change disc golf" attitude. It sounds interesting as it is, don't build it up as a game changer. If it is it is and that will be clear when it happens.

How else will you at least give people an open mind. Just because you get an elite team of pros doesn't mean it will be a game changer, but when you provide the kind of info like scientists, equipment,etc.. To back up the claim it makes or a slightly more graspable concept dont you think? Not to bash prodigy of course, the discs are good, just not for me

Latest posts