• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Invader

In a perfect world, Innova should:

Stop making so many new molds. Maybe try like 1-2 a year (that includes tweaks and variations of existing molds which always should be labeled).

Stop tweaking molds without telling anybody and releasing them as the normal ones (because I love that every third Valk I pick up is a Valk+ :|)

Make your classic and beloved molds WELL and in good plastic options.

And they could make their swirly plastic in colors that aren't camouflage.

INB4 Casey says it looks like an XD.

Nah bro. It's clearly a magnet top with a Firebird bottom. Not the new Firebird. The one from 2003. When it was made in Pro-D. The good Pro-D that was kind of like Champ. Like the gummy champ they molded the Shark that my best friends brother in law's cousins great grandpas butler played with from 2001 to 2005.

How'd I do?? Lol

I don't get this. If a putting putter works, it's the last thing I want to mess with.
I don't compete. My version of fun is trying all kinds of plastic. If I cared one bit about scores, you are right... I'd probably not change my setup nearly as often.
Different priorities.

Marmoset likes to drive all different putters, my guess is he isn't changing his main putting putter.
LOL, you give me too much credit! I'm way dumber than you think ;)

EDIT: I gotta start daydreaming a stamp for this disc. Hopefully Innova East will get some blanks for me :)

In a perfect world, Innova should:

Stop making so many new molds. Maybe try like 1-2 a year (that includes tweaks and variations of existing molds which always should be labeled).

Stop tweaking molds without telling anybody and releasing them as the normal ones (because I love that every third Valk I pick up is a Valk+ :|)

Make your classic and beloved molds WELL and in good plastic options.

Would also like to see them kill off a lot of their line up, on infinite discs, there are 136 mold options. Obviously some of those are special editions or OOP, but c'mon. Kill the ones that don't sell, and like you said, make the good ones well.

"Finally, a neutral beaded putter! I've always wanted one but couldn't find any options on the market" -Nobody

Also, don't love the name Invader. Sounds more like a trilogy mold than Innova.

EDIT: I gotta start daydreaming a stamp for this disc. Hopefully Innova East will get some blanks for me :)

a Space Invaders theme?...

space-invaders-1010381.jpg

:D

Th Invader is the exact clone of the U-2 or #2 upshot by Lighting 100%. The glide even sounds about right. Look at profile of both discs and tell me This is not just a clone of the #2 Upshot by Lighting.

At least it's not another stab at a zone clone. If it has a bead i might be intrigued. It looks like it does.

Yes, at least not another stab at the Zone Clone. People working at Innova seem to be not working on a Zone clone since Paul McBeth left Innova, makes me think it was manly Paul who wanted a Zone like disc.

INB4 Casey says it looks like an XD.
:thmbdown:

Nah if you have a Lighting #2 Upshot, this is a 100% exact clone of that mold. Yes even down to size of bead, makes me wonder did Innova's Dave buy out the old #2 Upshot mold from Gotta Go Gotta throw?, yeah that spot on even with nose shape. Second guess is that the company 3D scanned in a #2 Driver to copy mold an exact replica mold of the #2 Upshot.

"Finally, a neutral beaded putter! I've always wanted one but couldn't find any options on the market" -Nobody

Also, don't love the name Invader. Sounds more like a trilogy mold than Innova.

I would sat go on to Gotta Go Gotta Throw and get a #2 Upshot, this is 100% the exact copy of that mold.