• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Invader

Profile will feel thinner in the hand to Wizards. Inside the circle they put on par with most putters. Outside the circle you can put a decent pop on them and they straighten out to a nice point and shoot putter. I played recently at a course with two short par 3's nailed the pole on both. Just a great driving and throwing putter. Star is a tick more stable then the DX but both have found a spot in my bag.

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like it can cover a lot of bases in different plastics.

Thanks for the reply! Sounds like it can cover a lot of bases in different plastics.

I mostly putt with Classic Aviars. The DX Invader is my backup in case I am struggling. It has a very easy clean release with my putting motion. If for some reason I had to switch putters I could easily see the Invader as a do everything disc for putting, approaches, and putter drives. Especially with the multiple plastic options.

Well, I got to throw one of these things this past weekend. Threw it on a hole while warming up for league. Not a hole I would normally drive with a putter but just wanted to see how it would fly.

The hole is about 450' and the first 300' plays uphill. I threw it flat and straight and it was a laser beam and just about made it to the top of the hill. Probably went about 270' which is very good putter distance for me, especially uphill.

I liked it enough that I went home and ordered one in the luster plastic and am going to let it compete with my electron Envy for a spot in my bag.

For someone who likes to minimize the molds in their bag, this disc has been incredible. Only putter I've found that I can throw full power both forehand and backhand and still use for a C1 putt with a consistent, clean release

For someone who likes to minimize the molds in their bag, this disc has been incredible. Only putter I've found that I can throw full power both forehand and backhand and still use for a C1 putt with a consistent, clean release

Hows this disc compare to a Judge?

Alright, wanted to share my thoughts on this amazing disc.
For relevant info, I have never thrown another VTech disc nor did I know it was VTech until I read this thread.
I have this disc in luster champ, XT, and DX.

If I am within 100 feet of the pin, maybe even 150, I am throwing the XT invader with a fan grip every time. But it's also great for forehand approaches. It really is a do it all approach disc. If really ripped on, it will flip up a little bit but it's been pretty beat up, but holds up much better than DX.

In regards to the DX, I'm loving that version too. Like other have said, it's shallower than the luster champ. I would compare the profile to that of an EMac judge. I could see how people would put with this disc but the profile is a bit shallow for my taste. The DX really holds any angle you put it on. If put on anny, it definitely won't fight out. Got an ace today on a backhand anny shot the whole 132 feet of the hole lol.

Which brings us to the luster champ. It feels AMAZING in the hand. Unlike the DX, it definitely will fight out of the anny if given the time. Amazing for laser straight shots. I reach for this disc on any hole sub 200 feet.

I love this disc. Can't recommend it enough, forehand and backhand. I'm curious to see how the new halo invader flies, if anyone gets their hands on one.

Alright, wanted to share my thoughts on this amazing disc.
For relevant info, I have never thrown another VTech disc nor did I know it was VTech until I read this thread.
I have this disc in luster champ, XT, and DX.

If I am within 100 feet of the pin, maybe even 150, I am throwing the XT invader with a fan grip every time. But it's also great for forehand approaches. It really is a do it all approach disc. If really ripped on, it will flip up a little bit but it's been pretty beat up, but holds up much better than DX.

In regards to the DX, I'm loving that version too. Like other have said, it's shallower than the luster champ. I would compare the profile to that of an EMac judge. I could see how people would put with this disc but the profile is a bit shallow for my taste. The DX really holds any angle you put it on. If put on anny, it definitely won't fight out. Got an ace today on a backhand anny shot the whole 132 feet of the hole lol.

Which brings us to the luster champ. It feels AMAZING in the hand. Unlike the DX, it definitely will fight out of the anny if given the time. Amazing for laser straight shots. I reach for this disc on any hole sub 200 feet.

I love this disc. Can't recommend it enough, forehand and backhand. I'm curious to see how the new halo invader flies, if anyone gets their hands on one.

Darn, there's a halo invader? I have got to get my hands on one of those.

I don't know how beaten in your XTs are, but I have 3 that I've been doing like a 1000 putts/week with for the last half year as well as throwing around on rocky and wooded courses and they are definitely flippy boys by now. I've got a 172g DX Colt that I use quite a bit and has gotten dinged up well and used to be much more understable than the XT Invaders, but they've all but caught up by now.

I've got a luster and a star, too, and can't really tell any difference between them aside from the grip. They're good neutral discs that will fade a little unless you really rip into them.

The Invader is probably Innovas best new mold of the last 5 years. I've thrown most of them too. The Invader just holds so straight yet has very minimal fade (New DX and XT or beat in premium). I got 3 DX, 1 XT and 3 Luster.

The Invader is probably Innovas best new mold of the last 5 years. I've thrown most of them too. The Invader just holds so straight yet has very minimal fade (New DX and XT or beat in premium).

Hard to call it new whenever it's just a P3X with a new name. But yes, it's a great mold.

Hard to call it new whenever it's just a P3X with a new name. But yes, it's a great mold.

Hmm. I bagged a P3X for about a year. Also picked up an Invader earlier this year.

Definitely not the same disc.

The Invader is very neutral and if you power it up you better be clean or it will turn over pretty easy. Also, it pretty much finishes straight- maybe a very slight fade. The P3X handled power much better and wasn't as temperamental about angles and would always have a reliable fade when it ran out of steam.

cross posting for helpful info:
They're just like low profile Wizards, minus some glide. Which I really like about them. They go FAR, but they don't really glide away on me. They will flip and get away from you if you aren't careful, on pulls with 250'+ power. But pretty trustworthy at 80% or less.

Right now, I've got the following 5 running through my bag, in order of most to least stable.

Halo: slightly domey, which I don't love. But it is flattening with some use. Pretty straight with the slightest finish. Will hold a sweeping hyzer nicely.

Luster: Flatter and about as OS as Halo. Will hold sweeping hyzers, but won't really fade/finish left. Will hold anny too. Will also flip to dead straight out to about 275' for me. Really useful disc.

Star: My favorite. Just a perfect feeling putter. Started out dead straight to 275'. Now it has a touch of flip and some drift. Won't burn over if thrown cleanly. Struggles to hold hyzer at power after nearly a year of use. But this is the disc that got my to ditch Wizards after 10 years. And Where I would start if I were going to buy a throwing Invader.

DX x 2: Putting and touchy little turnovers or short anny. They will burn over with any real power. But they putt great. DX is softer than I prefer. Can't wait for some KC Pro Invaders.

Hope this helps, pal.

Took out a pair of Dx Invaders to the course yesterday...and I've got to say I'm a fan. Fresh, they would do amazing straight lines with foreward fade. By the end of the round, they were showing some turn on power lines (they hit some trees...I was basically playing an Invader only round).

Took a DX and a Star Invader out for a test flight. They felt and flew pretty similar to a Pa-3, maybe a little shallower.

The Star had a good deal of flashing but once removed I would say it flew as advertised. The DX had a touch more glide and maybe a smidge more HSS, it was flying about 5-10 feet further on average. I was able to send them out to around 200 without any problems but they didn't take too kindly to OAT which is more user error than a complaint.

I did park a 230 foot hole with the Star which is something I've never done with a putter before. As far as putting goes they do have a little less glide then I'm used to but they could fulfill that role well. I've been using Wizards for the last 2 years and these may force me to switch over

Went through my stash and to see what I may want to revisit. Threw early run luster invader today when I threw my aviar3. It seems like it flys pretty close to the av3 except either my early run luster av3 has lost some of its fade or the invader is just a little more OS that I remember. It may have a place in the bag to compliment the av3 or maybe I should revisit the ax3 next. Either way the invader gets my endorsement as a really good driving putter you can trust to fade without it being dumpy.

The specs look similar to a Pilot. How does it compare flight-wise to a Pilot?

PIAS strikes my wallet again. They had a 172 gram red star one that had been sitting there for while, and it got looking lonely.
Convex, like the Whale. Near as I can tell when I hold them up together. It's a Whale3. No extra fat to hold onto. Just flat. After taking it for a spin as both. It will do the penetrate and get a slight fade to finish reliably, and it is already showing it can function as a decent putter for me. Hmm.

Latest posts