• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Invader

Just got the Invader in today. VERY similar in look & feel to the Discmania P3x, but maybe a milometer more shallow. GREAT feel to it, kinda feels like the weight is distributed like a judge. Gnna take em out for a test drive today after work, will keep u posted :)

These were on the doorstep this afternoon. Love the feel.

attachment.php

Attachments

• invader2.jpg
    invader2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 318
That purple stamp looks great. Let us know how they fly. I know you wanted slightly US and I'm in a similar boat. My bullfrog beat in too fast and I'm hoping this is the premium replacement.

That purple stamp looks great. Let us know how they fly. I know you wanted slightly US and I'm in a similar boat. My bullfrog beat in too fast and I'm hoping this is the premium replacement.

I want a Champion Bullfrog!!! The XT warps like a %^%^&^ on any tree hit. It can be bent back easily but it's not for throwing. Awesome for putting. Thorws and feels great, but the plastic warps like bananas.

Yeah for me this disc is all about how it compares to my Bullfrogs.

I threw them today along with my old worn Bullfrogs, and I really like these Invaders. I only throw my putters to about 220'. The Invader flys a bit more predictably than my worn Bullfogs, and has just a bit more glide. Not 'floaty' which I don't like, but they carry a bit further with the same amount of effort. It's a pretty dead straight thrower and I think the low amount of fade can be worn out of it.

I also compared them to my new Bullfrogs that I just got a few weeks ago. The new Bullfrogs are a bit domey, with way too much fade for my liking. Off the shelf, I'll take an Invader if Innova can't get the old Bullfrog back.

I want a Champion Bullfrog!!! The XT warps like a %^%^&^ on any tree hit. It can be bent back easily but it's not for throwing. Awesome for putting. Thorws and feels great, but the plastic warps like bananas.

The Bullfrog definitely doesn't like trees. It bends pretty easy and it bends a lot!

I'm going to keep throwing this Invader for awhile to see how this plastic handles trees. If it can take hits and keep flying the way it does, I may have found a new throwing putter.

I didn't see this anywhere in this thread, so....

Yeah for me this disc is all about how it compares to my Bullfrogs.

I threw them today along with my old worn Bullfrogs, and I really like these Invaders. I only throw my putters to about 220'. The Invader flys a bit more predictably than my worn Bullfogs, and has just a bit more glide. Not 'floaty' which I don't like, but they carry a bit further with the same amount of effort. It's a pretty dead straight thrower and I think the low amount of fade can be worn out of it.

I also compared them to my new Bullfrogs that I just got a few weeks ago. The new Bullfrogs are a bit domey, with way too much fade for my liking. Off the shelf, I'll take an Invader if Innova can't get the old Bullfrog back.

The Bullfrog definitely doesn't like trees. It bends pretty easy and it bends a lot!

I'm going to keep throwing this Invader for awhile to see how this plastic handles trees. If it can take hits and keep flying the way it does, I may have found a new throwing putter.

Is the Invader similar feel to a Bullfrog? I might grab one of it is. Someone said it was maybe a little shallower then an Aviar3, if so it may be what I want, what a Champ Bullfrog would basically be.

Is the Invader similar feel to a Bullfrog? I might grab one of it is. Someone said it was maybe a little shallower then an Aviar3, if so it may be what I want, what a Champ Bullfrog would basically be.

I've never thrown an Aviar3, but the Invader is closer to a Bullfrog than it is a regular Aviar P&A or KC Pro Aviar. It is a bit deeper than a Bullfrog, but it's a very subtle...I have to have them both in my hands to tell the difference.

If you like the feel of the Bullfrog, chances are good you'll like the Invader.

Less glidey tomb?

Curious if the feel is shallow similar to an envy?

I've been wanting a Tomb for awhile, but I always forget to add one to my order.

Wish I could tell you, but I've never thrown either of those discs.

Now that the Invader has been out for a month-or-so... how have you been liking it?

I put mine in the bag when I originally got it, and it hasn't come out yet. I've found it flies straight for 90-95% of its flight and then fades gently forward. With my arm speed, I can consistently throw it 250', which is exactly what I'm looking for in a premium putter (I can maybe push 300' on a good pull). It fills a gap between throwing Aviars and Rocs for me. I don't have troubling flicking it like I do other putters. It feels good in the hand on little, touch upshots with a forehand. Overall, a solid disc in my opinion.

The only con: my Invader is a little gummy... I thought Luster plastic is supposed to be a "stiffer" version of champion plastic. It's not terribly gummy, but I have other regular champ plastic putters that are more stiff.

Now that the Invader has been out for a month-or-so... how have you been liking it?

I put mine in the bag when I originally got it, and it hasn't come out yet. I've found it flies straight for 90-95% of its flight and then fades gently forward. With my arm speed, I can consistently throw it 250', which is exactly what I'm looking for in a premium putter (I can maybe push 300' on a good pull). It fills a gap between throwing Aviars and Rocs for me. I don't have troubling flicking it like I do other putters. It feels good in the hand on little, touch upshots with a forehand. Overall, a solid disc in my opinion.

The only con: my Invader is a little gummy... I thought Luster plastic is supposed to be a "stiffer" version of champion plastic. It's not terribly gummy, but I have other regular champ plastic putters that are more stiff.

I got one to try even though my putter slots are locked in (couldn't help myself). I think it's a great disc and agree with your assessment of the flight. It just isn't going to replace any of my current throwing putters, but it was definitely fun to throw.

I got one to try even though my putter slots are locked in (couldn't help myself). I think it's a great disc and agree with your assessment of the flight. It just isn't going to replace any of my current throwing putters, but it was definitely fun to throw.

Totally agree. Great disc and I really wanted to like it more, but it couldn't replace my Rhynos for throwing or my Bullfrogs for putting.

I will buy more if they come out in different plastics though.

This all day. Love the feel of XT, can't bag them because I hit trees at max power.

I got one to try even though my putter slots are locked in (couldn't help myself).

My putters were "locked-in" as well. ;) I've been throwing KC Aviars for a while now, but I can only stretch them out to 250'-or-so. I'm glad to have a premium putter that I can push a little bit farther.

DX Invaders have been at a few retailers. Has anyone tried them out?

My girlfriend putts with DX Big Bead Aviars, which are impossible to find, so I'm thinking these could be a good replacement.

DX Invaders have been at a few retailers. Has anyone tried them out?

Just bumping this to see if anyone has picked up any DX Invaders.

I usually buy a big batch of discs towards the end of the year, and this time it will be mostly throwing putters. DX Invaders, RhynoX, and the Animal are all on my short list.

Latest posts