• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Ion warpage

HolySchnell

Par Member
Is warpage a word? Probably not.

Anyway, I just got a new Ion from DiscGolfCenter that was sent with another disc in the same package and the Ion is pretty warped. Anyone else had issues with the soft Ions warping. I've got it under a book right now and I'm pretty sure it'll straighten out but it looks pretty bad.

That will never happen if you by from the Clearwater Disc Golf Store (see sig). That's sloppy business. Anyway, I would boil some water, and then take in off the heat for a minute, and then put the disc in it for like 30-60 seconds. When you take it out, put it down flat and see if the warp is gone. If so, drop it in cold water and you're good to go. If it looks like its still warped a bit when you take it out, then put it down on a flat surface and put a book on it, letting it cool slowly. You should be able to get it back to perfect shape.

I just got an Ion with a Wizard from DGC and neither are warped.

I got my Ion from DGC the other day and it was bent down on one end. It doesn't really seem to effect flight though

I would have to agree, that is sloppy business. If you are paying for a disc, send it in a protective envelope instead of a paper thin package

That sucks. I havent had any problems with them even on multiple disc orders.

I have had problems with the post office just cramming discs into my mailbox though. I had to request that the mail carrier either leave large envelopes at my door or hold them at the post office for me.

This one was packaged in a bubble mailer with a roc. It wasn't evenly on top of the other disc so it kind of warped around it. It seems to be straightening out now though.

This one was packaged in a bubble mailer with a roc. It wasn't evenly on top of the other disc so it kind of warped around it. It seems to be straightening out now though.

They could have settled unevenly during shipping. This is one of the downsides of ordering online...it seems there are few sure ways to send a couple of discs and guarantee no warping.

I just got my first 2 Ions in the mail today from DGC and they were perfect. Of course I did get a couple other discs in the same order so mine were shipped in a box with packing all around them. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever received any new discs that were warped or bent in the ~100 I've ordered.

Latest posts