• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Daylight Savings time the un/official start to disc golf season?

Does DST mark the beginning of the disc golf season?

• Yes

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 53.7%

• Total voters

Wally

Par Member
With us all getting an extra hour (with some few exceptions out there), does Daylight Savings time offically start the disc golf season? I have seen quite a few people on the board mention it but just wanted to get a more general concenous on the topic.

Thoughts?

For me it is, I can actually go to a course after work now that has concrete pads instead of playing in slop.

It starts the "playing everyday" season.. I play through winter but now that the time has changed ill be able to play rounds after I get off of work in the evening.

UnitedPuppySlayer, more like UnitedThreadSlayer, amirite? He killed it.

Right? Guys? Hello? *smells armpit, leaves quietly.*

I smell it already...

landfill-landscape.jpg

I think it's the unofficial start of the season. It means you can play after work now without lights on the discs or baskets. For us in the Northwest it means only 3 more months of rain. :|

Around here DST marks the end of the "Glow Season." I think of April 1st as the "beginning of the season" in terms of the liveliness of the sport. Which reminds me, Go Braves!

I think its a good beginning point for the "season"
Just because you play all year doesn't mean there isn't a season, it just means you play alot in the offseason. you can ice fish all winter but there is still a "season opener" in the spring

Just because you play all year doesn't mean there isn't a season, it just means you play alot in the offseason. you can ice fish all winter but there is still a "season opener" in the spring

Absolutely.

For me, the DST time change is the first day of spring, not 3/21.

Finally!

Just means more daylight to play. The people that I have met on the course recently have mentioned that this is the first or second time on the course this year? So maybe it is?

Technically there is open season all year for certain species. The season opener is for the "big game" species, or at least some of them. You should know better than you bring this stuff into it shau.

Technically there is open season all year for certain species. The season opener is for the "big game" species, or at least some of them. You should know better than you bring this stuff into it shau.

exactly, there are some people that play all year, but the season opener is for everyone else.

Latest posts