• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it really coming?

optowesome

Par Member
Is there going to be an R Pro Teebird? I love the teebird, but have not thrown R Pro. IF it does come what should I expect?

YAY a super floppy, fragile teebird that will beat in due to landing in an open field!

I would guess you can expect a bunch of crap. Seriously, if you like teebirds, the stiff dx and 12x opaque champ are the best since 10x kc and are in regular production.

The Teebird is my number one driver in my bag but I will not touch that garbage they call r-pro.

The only R-pro experience I have is with the Boss. So I'm basing what I say on that.
The R-pro Teebird will fly about like a DX TL that has been "beat in" to it's sweet spot except it will be about five-ten per cent longer. It will wear in like DX plastic.

hmmm innovas reply to FLX = R-Pro, except they just can't quite grasp the durability that discraft has found in the FLX, it's not worth your money, it will be destroyed after one tree hit and be unpredictable from there on out

The descriptions I've read so far aren't that accurate relative to my experience. I've only held a R-Pro Dart and that plastic is garbage. Boss R-Pro is way harder and takes tree hits as well in a 153 weight as a 150 DX Destroyer. Which means that if the hit doesn't occur close to the tee there's gonna be a mark on the leading edge but it won't bend and flies well. Unless your way more longer thrower than I am. 450'+ is needed to destroy with one hit once the disc has flown a bit. I don't hit trees close to the tee with such discs because I won't risk them in such places. Open area duty you know?

i don't really see the point in this at all. r-pro is great for two things: grip and light weight. i actually like the r-rpo boss but would never use it in the woods, it's way too fragile.

re: grip, i don't see it as a huge improvement over DX in driver molds; it might feel better in the hand for a roc or putter but for a driver i don't see the difference.

re: weight, the teebird is already available in 150g.

add that to the fact that the teebird is a great utility disc that can be worn into different stages, and r-pro beats up ridiculously fast in sharp-edged drivers, an r-pro teebird makes zero sense. oh and it will cost more.

"here's a disc that is as light as a DX, same grip, but will lose the sweet spot almost instantly. great for when you need a roller at the end of your round."

Aubin said:
"here's a disc that is as light as a DX, same grip, but will lose the sweet spot almost instantly. great for when you need a roller at the end of your round."
:lol:

R-Pro is one of the worst plastics ever made, but you have to look at it from the manufacturers standpoint. First, it's new, and it's from Innova, so tons of people are going to buy it. Then, because it tears up so fast, they are going to buy more. On top of that, it's probably cheaper to make than all their other plastics. So...as usual, all Innova sees is $$$, and lots of it. :idea:

R-Pro is a fantastic plastic for those with less arm speed (so those less capable of tearing up a disc with 1 hit). We have a lot of rec level masters players in this city, and I think an R-Pro Teebird would be just what they need as a fairway driver.

I would definitely buy a couple 150 gram R-Pro TBs and especially EXs. Maybe even Leos .
I don't know if I'd like them or recommend them but I would give them a fling.

please do not disgrace the Teebird by making it in this crap.....that is all

Is there a difference between pro plastic and r pro? I have a pro rhyno that is my go to disc for anything under 250 feet, and was throwing a pro firebird that is the best driver I've ever used for left, straight or right shots. I'd still be tossing it everyday if trees didn't make my discs straight disappear everytime I play.

Mike C said:
Is there a difference between pro plastic and r pro?

there is a MONUMENTAL difference.....the R in R-Pro stands for rubbery or rubbish depending on who you ask

EDIT: i can't resist it any longer......to answer the thread's question

ALL OVER YOUR FACE!

Mike C said:
Is there a difference between pro plastic and r pro?

not really :wink:

Pro = my favorite plastic
RPro = worst plastic ever made

I see. I'm surprised my destroyer isn't r pro. That's the one disc I've bought that seems worthless. I bought the pro version, threw it some and liked it though I fond it harder to control than my firebird, but after a week of using it, it does nothing but flip over and fade hard right. If I throw it with any power at all it goes dead right, even if I throw with a stupid amount of hyzer.

Mike C said:
I see. I'm surprised my destroyer isn't r pro. That's the one disc I've bought that seems worthless. I bought the pro version, threw it some and liked it though I fond it harder to control than my firebird, but after a week of using it, it does nothing but flip over and fade hard right. If I throw it with any power at all it goes dead right, even if I throw with a stupid amount of hyzer.

sir you have some OAT issues it appears

The people who hate R-Pro... do you recognize the difference in blend between the Boss (and future lightweight drivers) and the fullweight putters/mids?

The lightweight mega-DX sucks for durability

the fullweight/soft blend is not a bad plastic. It might not be for you, but it's not bad.

Latest posts