• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

is sky high closed due to plague?

adamtheviking5

Throws only Pink Discs
I know they closed the table mtn campground, which is adjacent to sky high, because they found squirells with the plague but is the course affected as well?I was planning on heading up this Sunday and I don't wanna go for nothing.

The last time an infected animal was found was in 2010, CBS LA reported.

About five to fifteen cases of plague in humans occur each year in the western United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports.

Doesn't sound too out of the norm. The media just latches on to the words "Bubonic Plague" considering its history.

Zephyr Cove has permanent signs up warning about Bubonic Plague. It's never been an issue for playing there though. Call the pro shop if you're worried that they won't be open. 760-316-7828

Plague, huh? :\

Seems like a legit way to spice up the dullness of modern living!

*packs bag, buys one-way ticket to Sky High*

[inserts funny story about plague]

A good friend of mine married a French girl from the inland hills of Southern France. I had a chance to visit this family in France along with my family and my good friend a couple years ago. When initially driving around the small hilltop top it was apparent that one side of the hill was significantly less developed and there was open land. It was pretty obvious. When asked about it, the Father of the family replied... "well, because that's where the plaque was.. no one builds there"

long memories!

[inserts funny story about plague]

A good friend of mine married a French girl from the inland hills of Southern France. I had a chance to visit this family in France along with my family and my good friend a couple years ago. When initially driving around the small hilltop top it was apparent that one side of the hill was significantly less developed and there was open land. It was pretty obvious. When asked about it, the Father of the family replied... "well, because that's where the plaque was.. no one builds there"

long memories!

Dental hygiene problems?

It's open, I played 135 holes last Saturday. They did have a warning sign, but it wasn't closed.

135 holes? What is wrong with you guys up there? I played with a local guy up there a couple weeks ago and after we finished 9, his buddies showed up so we started over and played all 27 and then his other buddy showed up and they were gonna play 18 or 27 more. Animals! There's barely enough oxygen to keep you alive up that high. Actually the guys dad was the one who initially set sky high up. They had lits of cool stories.

Sky High is OPEN!!!

The Table Mountain Campground is OPEN. Sky High Disc Golf Course is OPEN

The linked article states only a PORTION of the Table Mountain campground is closed. The article also states that these areas in the campground will re-open soon. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57595671/plague-found-in-squirrel-prompts-closures-at-angeles-national-forest/

You can still make camping reservations for the upcoming Sky High Showdown here:

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73585

The OP was just using scare tactics for attention.

Latest posts