• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is the Katana like cheating?

Daedalus is another mold that can be finicky in G*. Hopefully the one you're getting has some dome. I've thrown flat G* Daedali before that simply wouldn't do anything.

In most cases the Daedalus is noticeably more understable than the Corvette or Katana. The Daedalus can be very, very long if you can keep it from turning over entirely. A hyzerflip release will probably be necessary with it.

With any fast bomber driver you want as much dome as possible. I could list probably a dozen molds that work for this purpose, but none of them are any good when they're flat. Dome = glide.

Well I haven't thrown my light GStar Daedalus yet, but I did finally get to know this 166g Pro Shryke in a carnal way and now believe she belongs squarely in the middle of the conversation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504_204508_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504_204508_Gallery.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
something about these new plastic blends seems like gstar and pro are more stable than all the reviews from 4+ years ago. Seems like its all shinier and gummer. My 21-22 gstar stuff seemed more matte and the last 6 months its been shiny. I recently bought a gstar & star teebird thinking there would be a big difference and really very little. This katana feels like a cross between pro and gstar(the newer kind) but the shine is there, very glossy

I keep reading these very old posts and people talk about how flippy they were and this would turn but i never got close to flipping it over like a star Mamba.

these new F2's i bought all had an iridescent f2 bar stamp

Does this phenomenon of glossy new pro being more stable apply across all discs? I picked up a new pro wraith in this plastic and it's very stable (much more stable than my mcbeth star destroyer for example). Maybe I just suck but it's dissapointing because I can't throw it.

BTW I found an f2 blizzard katana and it consistently outdistances every other disc I have.

Does this phenomenon of glossy new pro being more stable apply across all discs? I picked up a new pro wraith in this plastic and it's very stable (much more stable than my mcbeth star destroyer for example). Maybe I just suck but it's dissapointing because I can't throw it.

I had the same experience recently with Pro Wraiths. Classic disc catch 22 - too OS to throw enough to ever get them beat in.

OTOH, the Echo Star I got recently is a bomber out of the box.

I had the same experience recently with Pro Wraiths. Classic disc catch 22 - too OS to throw enough to ever get them beat in.

OTOH, the Echo Star I got recently is a bomber out of the box.

Glad it's not just me. And yes, waste of a disc

Latest posts