• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is the Star Wraith supposed to be domey?

OcDiscGolf

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I really don't like the Star Wraith I have, and I have noticed it is quite domey. Is this normal for that disc? I can rarely turn it over.

All depends on the run... I have domey and less domey. I've never seen any really flat per se. That's how star plastic is.

I guess that's what I get for buying it at the course for 17 bucks. That is truly the LAST time I will buy from a pro shop - dtworld.com only for me now. Lucky I live 10 minutes from them.

Haven't seen a crazy dome on them but if you go by the one mold in multiple stages theory than that'll fill your overstable needs. I still think the wraith is the best D driver out right now.

most of the echo stars i have seen a very domey and overstable, it is just the run, give it time, it will break in.

I actually just got a couple that feel a little more domey than an older one I have.
I have yet to go out and compare the flights, though.

I have a fairly domey Star Wraith as well.

It depends on the temperature as well. when its warmer the plastic is somewhat softer and the top can sit a bit lower. In the cold temps the rim contracts a slight bit and causes the top to be pushed up. Its a very small change but it could explain why its so "domey" right now. The star wraith I have is kind of "domey" but no more so than any of the other discs I have.

I'm interested in any domey 174+ star wraiths if anyone wants to trade/sell them, pm me. Most of the flatties I have I turn over.

I have a few Wraiths and my stars are domier than my champion. I noticed my echo star is even domier and more overstable. As far as I am concerned, all wraiths are good wraiths!

they are hard to find but i have like 15 of em in star in my bin they a stable and fly a far way they are out there just need to find them lol

Yeah I am thinking the dome does add stability... I'm more fond of understable discs with my noodle arm so I am having trouble finding a spot in my bag for it. It doesn't do anything that my Pro Katana or Star Xcal won't do. It is a great disc for skips though.

I have 2 of them and they are both flat. One is about 3 years old and one is about 9 months old.

Latest posts