• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a disc that totally changed your game?

Found a 10x Cheetah next to the Practice Basket at my home course. I asked around for a week or two, to see whose disc it was, but no luck.
Then I started throwing it. Wowser wow wow. Here was a driver I could turn over.

Some people might scoff at using a Cheetah for a distance driver, but I like it.
I now carry 3 Cheetahs in my bag for fairway drive, control drive situations.

Flat Champion Boss. Great hyzer flip with max distance!

There is a single disc that absolutely got me over the hump/plateau. Beast. I was one of those guys that got caught up in high speed drivers that I had no business throwing....

The Beast has taken out many discs in my bag as it can shape soo many lines for me...

I would never, ever play a round without one...Pro-Line Beasts are even nicer

star wraith. i bought it one day and went to go play at Seatac. I promptly lost it my first time throwing it on Hole 3 in the bush-tree on the left side of the fairway. no ink.

the next day i got on DGCR and read the disc-down thread over and over and began to rebuild my bag for this approach. my game has dramatically improved since. thinking about bringing in some bigger guns into my bags now, but we shall see.

so thank you star wraith for helping me realize i sucked at DG and i needed a change in my game.

For me, it is Star Roadrunner. Picked up my first one against my will. I got some merch credit in a tournament and the vendor didn't have any of the discs I was throwing at the time. One of the discs I took was this forlorn looking burnt-orange 168g Star RR while cursing to myself about the vendor's weak disc selection. Then I threw it and...WOW! I had no idea how fantastic the understable molds can be. Total game-changer. Love it!

Gazelle

This was the first disc that from the very first throw fit my hand, my throwing style, and still gave me the distance and control I wanted. This has now become the one disc I would throw if I could have no other disc.

An Epic. Totally changed to crap. :)

A Candy XL was actually my first love, and what changed my game. Man I miss that disc.

thanks to an r-pro roc for helping me throw straight...have moved on to kc pro now but as a beginner the r-pro was the perfect midrange

A putter helped change my game! The first putter I threw was a Pure, it wasn't mine, though. Boy, what a great difference a putter makes when putts!

Now I have to say my R-Pro Aviar is the disc that ultimately changed disc golf for me.