• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Is there a putter for people with big hands?

I'd like to try out a putter that is about as wide as a midrange. I have fairly big hands and I can't get a really good feel from my wizards. My middle finger gets pretty close the the middle of the disc. I know the aero is very wide but I'd like something that isn't as fast/glidey as the aero. Any suggestions? Thanks :popcorn:
Ever tried putting with a Mako (not Mako3)?

Putters are very much about feel in your hand. I'd recommend going to a disc golf store and just see how putters feel in your hand. Some stores may even have a stack of used putters and a basket to try out.

Zeppelin is a good suggestion. Deep rim, big diameter. Might be a little tricky to find as they aren't in production. However it was an ace race disc so there should be plenty around. Might also look for something with a beefier rim. Magics feel bigger rimmed in my hand,compared to my Pures.

Ever tried putting with a Mako (not Mako3)?

I have big hands and the Star mako was my go to "putter" for about a year. I would test many other putters but nothing clicked. A bigger beaded putter would get caught up in my fingers at the hit and spray off in a random direction.
I am currently testing out a pure and I am being very successful. There is no finger drag and random sprays. I find myself leaving my makos at home.

I think the aero would be great if you want a midrange sized putter their diameter is pretty big.

YES:thmbup:

Other discs that are being said like the Polecat, or Ion are not large diameter. I use the Rattler which has a deeper rim, but not wider like a mid. The Aero is actually a wide rimmed putter.

Have you tried a Spike or Sinus? I'm 6'9 and they fit my hands well, and they have like these tony hawk grip pads on top for better / different grips.

I would suggest a heavy Pro D Rattler. It's deeper than a regular putter, and lid-like. It would probably fit a big hand well.

The best bet is a Pro D Zeppelin, but they are OOP. I'm sure you could rustle up a nice stack of them in the MP though, no problem.

Rattler. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. This was the first thing that came to my mind. I have big hands but the depth of this disc is made for a giant or those that like lids. This would be my choice.

I like the feel of the McPro Aviars, and I have fairly large hands. If you're looking for something that feels beefier in the hand, then I suggest a Rhyno. They are great for upshots and DX Rhynos can beat in to be good straight putters too.

What about the heavier version of the SuperHero? They're not the easiest to track down but they make a good putter. Better than a Zephyr in my opinion.

The Crosslap Credo is wide diameter like a Roc or Buzz and comes in soft and regular plastics. Both have a very nice feel.

I know its not large diameter, but the Nova is definitely beefy. Deeper than the average Aviar.

Latest posts