• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is there an Innova Star Putter with a wide edge

basmith42

Bogey Member
I'm looking for an Innova Star Grade plastic putter with a nice thick edge like a classic frisbee or a polecat. Do they make one? The pics online don't show me the edge.

The reason I'm looking for innova is that (in my area) Innova is easy to get a hold of.

the Innova Sonic

It's a great putter as well..flies extremely straight. pretty slavish to wind, but overall I love mine.

edit: Sorry, I completely glossed over "star plastic" in your question. Sonics are DX.

They do have the Sonic in a more premium grade plastic, sold as a dog disc. It's not any of the CE/Champ/Star/etc... plastics, but is a very durable -- what I would consider "high grade" -- plastic. I believe since the mold is legal, that it is legal in all plastics. I'm sure someone here can give you a link for one -- I've only thrown one that belongs to a friend, but it is a sweet disc. A sonic, but totally clear and gummy, and it throws great.

I'm not aware of any Innova lid-type disc in an upgraded plastic. The Discraft Putt'r is made in X, and Lightning makes the Upshot & Upshot 2 in ProStyle. They are called the US-1 (Upshot) and U-2 (Upshot 2.) Both are the equivalent of Innova Pro plastic. Those are the only lid-type putters I know of made in an upgraded plastic.

Marshall Street has the US-1 & U-2 on sale for $8.00 right now.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/products.asp?cat=17&pg=5

My Star Coyote had a nice lip on it. Its not as large as say a Polecat or Birdie, but its in the ballpark. I love my Star Coyote. I call my Coyote "The Colonel" for obvious reasons. The Pooh disc belongs to the wife:

KFCandPooh-1.jpg

Latest posts