• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this normal?

LeftyToss

Bogey Member
So I lost my first disc today (only been playing for a few months). It as a Leopard DX. I was very upset about it cause it was my first disc that I ever bought, the one that got me hooked on the game. I actually own another one just a different color but it's still kinda sucks. Is this normal to be upset about it or am I just overreacting cause it was the first one I lost haha?

My first DG discs came in a set of three from ebay that my wife got me. The driver, an Oriole Orange (go birds) DX Valkyrie, was my first lost disc and my favorite driver at the time. I never got to say goodbye either.

On hole #9 at The Woodshed, on a enexpectedly bad drive, even for me, she turned over and went about 100' right into very thick underbrush in a bog. I looked for at least thirty minutes but was afraid to get wet as I've seen vicious snappers around. As much as I miss the disc, I'd miss my big toe more. :eek:

So, no, I don't think that you're alone in the way that you feel. I've only lost about four more discs in two years since then (including, ironically, a really nice DX Leopard) and feel pretty fortunate for only having lost that many. And I hated losing every single one... except for that crappy Hydra that is! :D

Last edited:
I lost my first disc and I don't even know how. I'm pretty sure it fell out of my bag. Star coyote. At least your disc will be cheaper to replace. I started out with an eagle, valkarie, shark, and aviar, all DX. I warped them so bad learning to play I ditched those suckers asap. But yeah, you always remember your first ;)

maybe a kid will find it and it willl be his first disc then maybe he'll let his friends use it and theyll learn how to play and youll probally find a new disc that will help your game too. just think positive and let em fly youll be allright, i was pretty bummed when i lost my first disc but i think that was probally the best thing that could have happened in the long run.

My first was so dumb. I threw a dx starfire and it hit a tree and dropped into a pretty thick leaf pile. I search for soo long and never found it. I have looked there a few times later but after a while i seen some grade schoolers looking in the leaves for lost discs... that's when i knew I'd never see it again...

Just realized my first lost disc was my first disc, and it was my favorite! The Whamo Touchline Under 170g, I forehanded that baby around 300' and had a wicked forehand sky roller. I was pissed and it took me awhile to find another disc I could forehand, which was my only shot then.

Watch out for those snappers! No joking! My buddy caught one fishing in the pond at his house in Carol County and it was the biggest nastiest thing I ever seen, it could easily take your foot off! We had to put'er down, afraid it would kill the dogs or kids.

I started with a 3-pack of discs off of e-bay. I received a DX Wraith, a DX Roc and a DX Aviar P&A. I was planning on keeping my Aviar for a long time and working it in. It ended up lost stuck up a giant tree.:(

I am still hoping for the ressurection of my first two lost discs. Then again I guess I have lost one of the discs more than once and gone back to look for it until I find it. Right now I have a Star TL and Champion Sidewinder at the bottom of the same lake. The good news is that it is on a course that is on a ball golf course and they dive in their lakes once a month for lost discs. I only hope they find mine as that TL was starting to become my best friend, outside of human interation of course. Though it would have been a consideration to make that TL my best man should I find it and then get married some day.

I lost my KFC dyed disc and I was pretty bummed about it. I lost it in some 3 foot tall grass next to a bayou. It was gone for 3 weeks, when I got a phone call. A guy lost his disc in the same area, and he found mine while looking for his. I was shocked to get that disc back. I offered him money or a disc, but he said, it looked like a nice disc, so he wanted it to get back to its owner.

I knew it was going to happen. I can't even remember the first disk I lost. If the disc was good to me then I go ahead and buy 2 of them when I loose it and I look around for tie die or super-color. It makes loosing discs not so bad.

I looked for at least thirty minutes but was afraid to get wet as I've seen vicious snappers around. As much as I miss the disc, I'd miss my big toe more. :eek:

I once saw a guy pull a foot and a half wide turtle almost completely out of the water, thinking it was a rock before he realized what it was. I swear I saw Jesus that day cause the guy literally walked on water.

I lost my first disc, a DX Valk, a week after I started playing. I was upset, but later I saw someone else using it on the same course, and it was the only disc they were using. So hey, hopefully it inspired a new player!

So I lost my first disc today (only been playing for a few months). It as a Leopard DX. I was very upset about it cause it was my first disc that I ever bought, the one that got me hooked on the game. I actually own another one just a different color but it's still kinda sucks. Is this normal to be upset about it or am I just overreacting cause it was the first one I lost haha?

I think its normal. I have lost some discs that I didnt really mind losing, but there are a few that would be painful to lose.

I lost my first disc DX Gazelle and was bummed....weeks later I found the first disc I had ever found with a name and number on it....I remembered how bummed I was when I lost my Gazelle so I called the number and returned the brand new Surge

A day later a young kid called me from his moms cell phone he had found my Gazelle....I told him thank you for being an honest person and to keep it, learn to throw it and he would love it as much as I did.

I once saw a guy pull a foot and a half wide turtle almost completely out of the water, thinking it was a rock before he realized what it was. I swear I saw Jesus that day cause the guy literally walked on water.

Agreed. I worked on a golf course for 3 years doing grounds work, and when we were cleaning up the reeds in the water I pulled out a turtle about the size of my head. Walking on water is a pretty accurate term, not to mention the old dudes that were pissed at me for screaming like a baby girl and dancing around like a Parkinson's patient in front of their tee box.

Sometimes a lost disc can be a good thing - my first causality happened at Bear Branch in the Woodlands. I lost an Epic that I loved (I was still fairly new and didn't realize it really wasn't a great disc) and while I was searching in the pond by 11 I found a DisCraft candy XL that was amazing and is probably the reason I became addicted to the game. Lost that one a while later at Spring Valley on number 2. That, my friend was a crappy day. Ruined my whole round.

Hang in there - we all know what its like to lose a close friend. :eek:

I still have my original set of three which was your standard Innova starter set. Red Leopard, Orange Shark, Yellow Aviar. All 150 class which I quickly outgrew. I ordered some higher weight discs later and immediately put the original set in the retirement box.

First disc I lost was a 167 DX Eagle, right into the pond on my home course, where I've lost dozens ever since.

my first lost disc came the first round I played. It actually got caught by the wind and took off only to land about 30' up in a tree. Went back the next day, and it was already gone! Stupid me, I didn't label it. I have my name and phone # on every disc now :) I was was pretty bummed because it wasn't really lost.......but someone had a nice new disc to add to their collection. I'm just glad it was a cheap one :cool:

When I started playing disc golf a couple years ago, I bought 3 discs, one of which was a dx eagle. I loved it and had it worn in quite nicely, and one day I just left it somewhere on the course. I have no idea where and have looked for it repeatedly without success. I assume someone picked it up and kept it (even though my name and number were on it). I just recently replaced it. Now when I play I am paranoid about leaving discs behind and am constantly checking my bag to make sure they are all still in there lol.

Latest posts