• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is your wife cool with DG?

My wife doesn't play much, but she does things like buy me plastic and baskets, sponsors me in tournaments and cooks the lunch for my yearly X-tier.

It was such a pretty day here that me and my wife ditched work and played DG.

So yeah......she is cool with it.

My wife is NOT cool with my DG addiction. I'm going to try to get my kids interested (without forcing it) so I'll get to (a) play more and (b) get more quality family time (and exercise).

My wife doesn't mind too much being a disc golf widow.
She knows that I enjoy it, and, if I'm playing DG, I'm not at a strip club ;)

Obsessions

My wife is fine with my disc golf obsession as long as I fine with Ukulele obsession.

Now that I think about it, her obsession is a lot more expensive.

Damn, she out foxed me again. I thought see was was just being supportive.

not married, but my current lady is cool with the DG. she bought me a new bag and actually wants me to get out and play in leagues and such because otherwise i get cranky. she doesn't really play even though i gave her some discs. she'll walk with me on occasion. shes kind of a girly girl.

there was this one girl who i knew, and she was very good at DG. and very awesome as a person. loved it as much or more than i do. i definitely would have married that girl.

My GF is pretty good at DG, but not competitive at all. I play with her the most, and she usually doesn't mind me going out and playing with my friends, but boy does she hate me playing with other girls.

My wife is genuinely supportive of my new hobby ... especially since it doesn't involve video games or motorcycles

my wife doesnt play, but is very supportive. She takes the dogs and walks with me or takes pictures. Because of our schedules, she doesn't get to go watch any tourneys (she did caddy for me at TX States a few years ago). She knows the discs I like and even the weights I prefer (I guess I talk about it a lot) and has been known to buy me pink discs (because they're "pretty") some of which have been permanent fixtures in my bag over the years (11x KC Gazelle, GL River, GL Halo); just last month she got me a brown Voodoo Karma for my birthday!

not married, but my girlfriend is always down to tag along with me and just drink beers while i play. never had her say "no, you can't go"...that would be the end of it.

my wife was going with me every time I played until she became prego. Now she does not go but never says anything to me when I go.

However I am a little concerned what will happen when the baby is born.

my girlfriend has a bag - but also a job, so she doesn't get to go out as much as I do :D