• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My average course rating before the redesign was 2.49/495 reviewed. Today it's at 2.51/495 reviewed. Any idea what got added (or removed) that would randomly cause my rating to go up?
Yeah same here. I went from 2.40 to 2.46

Yeah same here. I went from 2.40 to 2.46
I'm guessing it has to do with retired courses or practice areas. Either those were included before and they aren't now, or vice versa.

And, I thought I was a tough reviewer.

When I look up courses and try to sort by courses played I get random courses. Is this just a bug that needs tweaking or am I going to have to go through all of these courses to mark them as played again?

Here's a picture….I've never been to Australia

Attachments

• 6ACAE7F7-6FAE-4E18-BA5F-22CC40AAA940.png
    6ACAE7F7-6FAE-4E18-BA5F-22CC40AAA940.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm guessing it has to do with retired courses or practice areas. Either those were included before and they aren't now, or vice versa.

And, I thought I was a tough reviewer.
I've always been more quantity over quality, not necessarily by choice. You're lucky to live where you do, not many options for DG in the places I've lived and sometimes the options are all bad.

So far, I miss...
All our old achievements, and how to continue monitoring them,
A way to filter reviews by trusted reviewers,
Being able to see Likes and Dislikes of OUR reviews, not the ones we've given out,
A way to quickly edit our own reviews after posting (caught a typo),
(Not sure if we SHOULD be able to 'Like' our own reviews??),
The simplicity of the old scorebook on the PC (entering scores requires clicking in the cell, where I used to be able to use arrows, tabs, enter, etc; the list of courses used to be alphabetical, so 371 played courses was easily navigated; mileage, holes played, etc. used to be updated immediately; dcgr player rating dropped 200 points...),
We used to be able to rejoin a forum discussion thread where we left off, not sure how to do that now,
...but then again, I'm an old curmudgeon who has been frustrated by 'newfangled tech' every step of the way since I bought my first PC in 1983...
:)

Cant currently add a review to courses. The button is there when Im logged out, but when I click it and login, it disappears as an option

When you click on someone's name and then click "reviews" it says "oops! We ran into some problems. The requested page could not be found."

So far, I miss...
All our old achievements, and how to continue monitoring them,
A way to filter reviews by trusted reviewers,
Being able to see Likes and Dislikes of OUR reviews, not the ones we've given out,
A way to quickly edit our own reviews after posting (caught a typo),
(Not sure if we SHOULD be able to 'Like' our own reviews??),
The simplicity of the old scorebook on the PC (entering scores requires clicking in the cell, where I used to be able to use arrows, tabs, enter, etc; the list of courses used to be alphabetical, so 371 played courses was easily navigated; mileage, holes played, etc. used to be updated immediately; dcgr player rating dropped 200 points...),
We used to be able to rejoin a forum discussion thread where we left off, not sure how to do that now,
...but then again, I'm an old curmudgeon who has been frustrated by 'newfangled tech' every step of the way since I bought my first PC in 1983...
:)
I just realized you can't filter reviews by trusted reviewer! Green please bring this back/fix this!!!!! Achievements too would be nice to bring back as well, not sure why that's gone. Don't even see the announcement from Tim years ago on it in the forums. :( Lots of things to work out at this point Greens. Not complaining just saying.

When I look up courses and try to sort by courses played I get random courses. Is this just a bug that needs tweaking or am I going to have to go through all of these courses to mark them as played again?

Here's a picture….I've never been to Australia
This sorts by the times course is marked as played on the site not the courses you played

I also miss that you can't tell which courses you've merely played and courses you've reviewed. The little notebook that was once there was really handy. Would love to see something similar again.

We are still actively working on the update and welcome any suggestions.

Maybe this is just a me thing, but I'd really like a different way of organizing photos and videos on course pages.

The current format removes the option to sort photos by holes. It also makes finding videos difficult.

Maybe add another section to course pages for videos? It's a lot of work to invest in something most people probably won't see under the current format.

Maybe this is just a me thing, but I'd really like a different way of organizing photos and videos on course pages.

The current format removes the option to sort photos by holes. It also makes finding videos difficult.

Maybe add another section to course pages for videos? It's a lot of work to invest in something most people probably won't see under the current format.
did you try the filters ?
1689462896925.png

Experimented on the web site for a while, then tried the app on my phone. The app was still showing everything in the old way, but showed the new format when I clicked on "community."

I decided (stupidly) to uninstall the app and try to reinstall it. It is nowhere to be found in the Play Store. I have been checking for a couple of hours.

you can find them here BionicRib , when viewing your profile
Ok…I'll just come here and click on this link when I want to see my profile. No matter how I try I can't get to the profile page unless I click that link. I'm on an iphone if that helps.

Ok…I'll just come here and click on this link when I want to see my profile. No matter how I try I can't get to the profile page unless I click that link. I'm on an iphone if that helps.
We can put the link in a spot where everyone can easily access it, but I would appreciate more details about the issue you encountered in order to fix it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts