• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you update it in the old site ?
View attachment 313107
I could click in any of the boxes and edit them as part of hole info updating. Please bring this feature back if possible. Crucial for courses that have more than 3 pin positions per hole. I've played courses where there's up to 7 pin positions a hole. Loves my stats and keeping the hole info updated is something I always do get a more accurate rating for rounds.

Don't know if this is already going to be fixed or not but when you are in an individual thread could we have the option to click 'next', 'last', and more importantly: 'latest unread post' at the TOP of the page so we don't have to always scroll to the bottom?

Is there anything in the "upgrade" to include course baggers - yes or no?
That was one of my favorite things to see in the "old" site.
I also see the premium price is up to $29.99 - personally I'm on the fence and leaning over to the No side …
Your thoughts ….

The current link for members listing the "notable members" doesn't have a ton of use for me, I miss the following:

Top baggers - overall, by state, etc

Search all members - ability sort by # of courses played, reviews, etc - with ability to filter by location

Just realized that our date of birth is now viewable on our profile. Severely no bueno. Can be turned off in your profile settings.
You can turn it off when you do your profile drop down then click the account details link.

You can turn it off when you do your profile drop down then click the account details link.
Yes you can--make sure to click SAVE at the bottom after making a change.

Preference would be that "privacy" related settings such as birthday would be turned off as a default and allow the user to choose to share.

missing (here in the forums) the info for members like it was (throwing style, courses played, years playing). you be proud of that 1 course greens ;)

Never mind I'm an idiot.

"Browse map" button defaults to a random spot in the ocean off the African coast. Super annoying.

Clicking on "Apply Filters" sends you back to the same random spot in the ocean off the African coast. Also super annoying.

"9 holes or fewer" filter is not working in "Browse Map" mode. In contrast, the "18 or more" filter seems to be working.

If you click on a new spot in "browse map" the zoom defaults to a close-up zoom. Would be better if clicking a new spot on the map retains current zoom.

Thanks!
Random spot in the ocean for browse map and apply filters are fixed - thanks!

Zoom on browse map is fixed - thanks!

Repeat issue: "9 holes or fewer" filter is still not working in "Browse Map" mode.

New issues:

Pressing the "Browse Courses" ---> "Top Rated" buttons does not list top courses in order (see "Top 25" list on old site). Similarly, searching top courses within a state and clicking arrange by "Ratings" does not list courses in order by ratings.

Is there a way to search within a particular forum thread? This was a very useful feature on the old site.

I also look forward to seeing the "Top Baggers" and "Top Baggers by State" functionality restored.

Thanks for your hard work!

The current link for members listing the "notable members" doesn't have a ton of use for me, I miss the following:

Top baggers - overall, by state, etc

Search all members - ability sort by # of courses played, reviews, etc - with ability to filter by location

This right here. Hope this eventually gets addressed.

Thank you. My filtering problem under rounds at a specific course is fixed. My other problem is that when I look under discs on my own account it says I have 200 something discs but nothing is in the display. And that is with no filters. Thankyou

Number of courses played is correct in my profile but on my latest review it's off by 2.

Also, are we able to update reviews without losing anything yet? Might have been posted somewhere but I can't recall.

Just noticed uploading photos:

If you click on the type of photo ("Tee", "Tee Sign", etc.) before indicating the number of the hole, the caption will be "Hole N/A Tee." Even if you've clicked on the number - but done so after clicking on the photo type - you'll have to correct by hand

There doesn't seem to be a way to re-order photos anymore. Mine were displayed in a random order (or at least, not according to hole number). See newly-entered Ives Run park for example.

When searching courses using Browse Course or Browse Map, your filter settings don't automatically clear or reset. They carry over if you open a new tab in your browser, or even if you close your browser window and start a new session. You always need to check the filter to see what settings you've selected.

Basically, if you're searching courses, and suspect you're not seeing everything you should, make sure you clear the filter and click apply filter.

You can log in, search for courses, and think you're seeing everything you should (when you really aren't), because the criteria you filtered for last time are still being applied.

@greens: is there some way that the filter can default to "no filter" whenever a user closes the browser session?

Last edited:
Just realized that our date of birth is now viewable on our profile. Severely no bueno. Can be turned off in your profile settings.

Can you please tell/show me (and others) where you found profile settings?

I can see my profile, but can't find settings, or profile settings.
I only see the button to Report or Edit Profie Banner( which I think is the file you upload for your picture/avatar).

No matter where I look on my profile, I don't see "settings," or a gear symbol that typically indicates settings options.:unsure:

Can you please tell/show me (and others) where you found profile settings?

I can see my profile, but can't find settings, or profile settings.
I only see the button to Report or Edit Profie Banner( which I think is the file you upload for your picture/avatar).

No matter where I look on my profile, I don't see "settings," or a gear symbol that typically indicates settings options.:unsure:
Open the drop down next to your avatar in the upper right corner of any page. Go to "account details"- it is there.

Pressing the "Browse Courses" ---> "Top Rated" buttons does not list top courses in order (see "Top 25" list on old site). Similarly, searching top courses within a state and clicking arrange by "Ratings" does not list courses in order by ratings.

I also look forward to seeing the "Top Baggers" and "Top Baggers by State" functionality restored.

Thanks for your hard work!
@greens Not sure if you've responded to this or if it's in the works but would be highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.