• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up the the seemingly auto-generated threads in the course discussion forum? A bunch of these literally have no posts other than the system created OP. Seems like people are starting many of these by accident.
It looks to me that the tab that used to appear under each course info page for 'wall posts' is now being entered under the general discussion forum threads? If so, it was seldom utilized. I wonder which place it's best suited?

apologies if this has already been discussed but it's hard enough already to navigate the site. I can't seem to select (hyperlink to course) courses on the map. I want to add some courses to my courses played but in the map, there's no link to the course selected. I also can't get a link to the course in the course search function. Everything but this forum loads weird (just jumbled text) even when I go between Chrome and Edge. HELP!

is this something that changed since the update or a new feature you want to add ?
can you please explain how this was doable on the old hole edit page ?
View attachment 313493
+1 for this one. I hadn't tried editing hole info yet but just ran into the same thing. Everything on the old site Hole Info page in your screenshot was editable by logged in users (well except the yellow highlighted boxes, which populated based on the other boxes + current pin position). It should still be that way as CptSaveAPar said. Thanks!

Also, is editing a course's Google Maps location supposed to require moderator approval now? I just tried to update only that for Acorn Hills Disc Golf Center and found that it required moderator approval. It used to not require approval.

So when adding a course I notice there's the "locate on map" feature. I think this pretty nice. I'd like to be able to have the option to just enter lat/long though.

Also the adding/changing course distances and pars thing is a little jumpy. Works fine but seems kinda glitchy for lack of a better word. Not sure why you need to click the arrow to the left either. Not intuitive and just an unnecessary step imo.

But adding a course is actually easier despite my whining 🤔

Great work guys and gals 😘

What's up the the seemingly auto-generated threads in the course discussion forum? A bunch of these literally have no posts other than the system created OP. Seems like people are starting many of these by accident.

View attachment 313487
I can attest that the Morning Sun Elementary DGC discussion happened after I added the course to DGCR. I think this is a combination of new reviews and newly adde courses. Judging by how often these are poppping up I think it's just generally any course updates. For example there was a Stoney Hill discussion recently. Pretty sure that's because a Labor Day tourney was added.

These need to go. No place for this stuff on the forums.

Not sure why you need to click the arrow to the left either. Not intuitive and just an unnecessary step imo.
Because this page allows changing hole order by dragging holes .. having them collapsed makes drag and drop easier

Minor and not urgent glitch: At the top of my Reviews page, it says I have 149 reviews. At the bottom of the page, it says "of 150 items" (which is how many reviews I had before the new and improved website).

Because this page allows changing hole order by dragging holes .. having them collapsed makes drag and drop easier
Dragging holes is really nice, but it's rare that the order of the holes change. It might be helpful to not allow dragging until a button somewhere is clicked. That way, you can expand all the holes at first to allow the more common types of hole edits - current pin, hole distance, etc.

If I search for a forum thread I've already been to and open it, it starts me at the beginning of the thread. If that thread has a new post and I click on it, it takes where I last left off of it.

This is a little annoying. I think it should take me where I left off regardless of how I get there

In addition to not being able to update hole info or input to new tee type, the 'Print all' scorecards option does not work properly. If for example red & blue have been filled out with white tee in the middle being blank then it will print with blanks in the middle of the red & blue as it did previously. If the 'no tee' drop down is chosen for the white, and the 'print all' is chosen, then the now blank (formerly white) tee will print after the red tee values but the blue tee values will not print out.

dunno if it has been explained, but the sort by rating on the front page isn't sorted properly by rating. it kinda seems like it factors in number of reviews, but that isn't clear & it just makes the list seem wrong. i would think this would be top priority, as it is the landing page & to have something (seem) wrong on the main page calls to question the validity of the whole site.

Last edited:
So when adding a course I notice there's the "locate on map" feature. I think this pretty nice. I'd like to be able to have the option to just enter lat/long though.

Also the adding/changing course distances and pars thing is a little jumpy. Works fine but seems kinda glitchy for lack of a better word. Not sure why you need to click the arrow to the left either. Not intuitive and just an unnecessary step imo.

But adding a course is actually easier despite my whining 🤔

Great work guys and gals 😘

This has taken a little getting used to for me too. The "locate on map" feature is good - but if I'm home after a bagging run, it takes a bit of doing to find exactly where the heck I was...

But it saves the extra steps I used to do of finding the location on Google Maps, copying the coordinates to the clipboard and then transferring those coordinates to DGCR. And the few times I made an error, I couldn't figure out where I went wrong. "Locate on map" seems to streamline and fix for that...

Dragging holes is really nice, but it's rare that the order of the holes change. It might be helpful to not allow dragging until a button somewhere is clicked. That way, you can expand all the holes at first to allow the more common types of hole edits - current pin, hole distance, etc.

I definitely second this. One of the problems I often see as a UI developer, we get excited about certain new trends or functions and try to fit them in where we can, but don't always think of the User Experience and what is the most likely use case.

It's important to think, not just how the user will use a feature, but how often, and if it will disrupt a more often used feature.

Scorebook bug: Total distance isn't correct:
View attachment 313490

McPherson Park - July 14

This might help - when you go to the "Hole" tab of the Course Home page, in order to make changes to the Pars and Distances, go to the bottom and click on "Update Hole Info". It doesn't look like an edit button and barely changes to green when you hover over it, but that is the secrect.
Also, remember to click on the arrow to the left of each hole to open the 3 pin positions (for entering), or the arrow in the Header to open all the edit fields.

This might help - when you go to the "Hole" tab of the Course Home page, in order to make changes to the Pars and Distances, go to the bottom and click on "Update Hole Info". It doesn't look like an edit button and barely changes to green when you hover over it, but that is the secrect.
Also, remember to click on the arrow to the left of each hole to open the 3 pin positions (for entering), or the arrow in the Header to open all the edit fields.
Thanks, but my issue had nothing to do with the actual course page, this was purely a scorebook entry issue. In my scorebook entry I changed some/most of the hole distances but the [automatic] grand total did not correctly equal the sum of the individual holes.

I added Eldridge Park in Elmira NY last week. I realized this morning that I didn't include "Local Directions" so I tried to paste them in. The response fromt he site was that it is "awaiting moderator approval" for any changes like making the course extinct, etc.

Two odd things: 1) I was able to add the course with no moderator approval, so why can't I put in a change? 2) To the best of my knowledge, I'm NOT making a substantial change (like making it extinct or adding/changing a layout) - I'm just adding local directions.

Maybe these are bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.