• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are unique votes still being counted since the site change? Has anyone received a Trusted Reviewer promotion?

Also, what about our badges?

...apparently we don't need no stinking badges!
:)
But seriously, the day the new site went up, I added a review, but my reviewed courses and thumbs up counts dropped just a few, and I usually see a couple of random thumbs over a two week span, but haven't gotten any lately (possibly because of the learning curve).

Are unique votes still being counted since the site change? Has anyone received a Trusted Reviewer promotion?

Also, what about our badges?
I'm surprised I haven't gone up to Gold status yet, but I don't think there's a way to see the breakdown of unique voters from our angle

Last edited:
...apparently we don't need no stinking badges!
:)
But seriously, the day the new site went up, I added a review, but my reviewed courses and thumbs up counts dropped just a few, and I usually see a couple of random thumbs over a two week span, but haven't gotten any lately (possibly because of the learning curve).
Is your number of reviewed courses different from the number at the bottom of page 1 of your reviews? For me, the number in the green shape at the top is 150, but at the bottom of page 1 are the words "Showing 50 of 151 items," which is my correct number.

I added Eldridge Park in Elmira NY last week. I realized this morning that I didn't include "Local Directions" so I tried to paste them in. The response fromt he site was that it is "awaiting moderator approval" for any changes like making the course extinct, etc.

Two odd things: 1) I was able to add the course with no moderator approval, so why can't I put in a change? 2) To the best of my knowledge, I'm NOT making a substantial change (like making it extinct or adding/changing a layout) - I'm just adding local directions.

Maybe these are bugs?
I think this is being addressed in the next update. Hopefully.

This is a simple change
added it to my TODO
Excellent. It would be great to also see a return of the sorting and filtering feature of your scorebook back too. There are times that I just want to view my scores over to time for a particular course ... or view all of the rounds that I have l have played over a specific time period.

I just scrolled through 26 pages but didn't see this mentioned. How long do we need to wait for a response before we figure out the error that we reported has been overlooked or lost in the shuffle? I used the report error/abuse on the course page to report two errors more than 24 hours ago. One was a 9-hole course listed as 18, Linden DGC in Linden, TX. The other was an 18-hole course listed as 9, Spillway Park in Texarkana. Both are obvious changes. The 9-hole course listed as 18 has photos of the course map showing 9 holes with two pin positions per hole. The course listed as 9 holes is a major update. I played the course two days ago and saw the 19 baskets (one hole has two baskets). With the new owners, I've had several instances of reporting an issue and getting no response. To be clear, those were on the old site but with the new owners, not TimG. When I posted about that in the forums after weeks of waiting, I got some version of "we never got that report." I know there is A LOT happening (especially with the new site), and some responses have been really quick. I appreciate that. However, my experience is that a lot is falling through the cracks.

Last edited:
This should be fixed now .. the next time you submit a round your rating will be corrected
Submitted first round since fix. It did seem to fix overall rating but many of my courses played average ratings are still waaay off! For example at my most played course Pioneer Park it says my average rating is 129 when it was in the low 900's before the update. Also when clicking on a course in Scorebook it used to bring up all my previous rounds played at just that course. I miss this and hope you bring it back. 5+ years of meticulous scorebook keeping at 150+ courses kinda F'ed up now… frustrating!

I just scrolled through 26 pages but didn't see this mentioned. How long do we need to wait for a response before we figure out the error that we reported has been overlooked or lost in the shuffle? I used the report error/abuse on the course page to report two errors more than 24 hours ago. One was a 9-hole course listed as 18, Linden DGC in Linden, TX. The other was an 18-hole course listed as 9, Spillway Park in Texarkana. Both are obvious changes. The 9-hole course listed as 18 has photos of the course map showing 9 holes with two pin positions per hole. The course listed as 9 holes is a major update. I played the course two days ago and saw the 19 baskets (one hole has two baskets). With the new owners, I've had several instances of reporting an issue and getting no response. To be clear, those were on the old site but with the new owners, not TimG. When I posted about that in the forums after weeks of waiting, I got some version of "we never got that report." I know there is A LOT happening (especially with the new site), and some responses have been really quick. I appreciate that. However, my experience is that a lot is falling through the cracks.
Not sure I fully understand, you reported 2 courses, and the staff has updated it right around the 24-hour mark. You could also edit the course and have it moderated, then looked at and verified. Sorry if you feel as if something is falling thru the cracks, but feel free to post it again if it's not taken care of.

It's been asked several times in this thread and to my knowledge hasn't been addressed yet. @greens @Dev
This is on the list, but no it has not been addressed yet.

My bad - but how do you get to this page????
If I click on What's New at the top of the page, it's then the third link from the left.

that's what I was asking for...because I didn't have it!

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpeg
    IMG_3674.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 0
Not sure I fully understand, you reported 2 courses, and the staff has updated it right around the 24-hour mark. You could also edit the course and have it moderated, then looked at and verified. Sorry if you feel as if something is falling thru the cracks, but feel free to post it again if it's not taken care of.

This is on the list, but no it has not been addressed yet.
According to directions on this site, I should NOT update the page (see below instructions on hole info) for Spillway. Adding 9 holes would be a major redesign, but the course bears little resemblance to the previous incarnation. Now you are telling me to ignore the instructions here and update (edit?) the course. I don't fully understand. If more than 24-36 hours is needed to make those changes, I can live with that; I just need to know.

"If this course has undergone a major redesign, please do not update this page. Contact us to retire this page and create another one for the new layout."

We update holes and baskets all the time. We update the maps, links etc. Happy to do whatever whatever is easiest.

According to directions on this site, I should NOT update the page (see below instructions on hole info) for Spillway. Adding 9 holes would be a major redesign, but the course bears little resemblance to the previous incarnation. Now you are telling me to ignore the instructions here and update (edit?) the course. I don't fully understand. If more than 24-36 hours is needed to make those changes, I can live with that; I just need to know.

"If this course has undergone a major redesign, please do not update this page. Contact us to retire this page and create another one for the new layout."

We update holes and baskets all the time. We update the maps, links etc. Happy to do whatever whatever is easiest.
@aclay all of the course updates were handled by timg in the past, so there is going to be a certain amount of re-creating the wheel going on. My air conditioning broke last night and I've been a work today, but what you want is the old course RIP'ed and a new course created. I *think* I can do that. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully. I'm just not sure how yet. Hopefully tonight I'll have functional air conditioning and enough time to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts