• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Browse course page can it show you above the first result how many results it is returning per the filters selected? This is handy and nice to see like when I search to see how many courses are in a state or something then see the different totals as I filter things out.

Does the road trip feature still exist? Just saw someone ask about this on the Udisc forum and wanted to point them to DGCR but I can't seem to find it.

Still can't update hole info. Is there some trick to it?
You have the correct permissions to edit the holes. Are you in the Holes Tab, and pressing the edit holes button?Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 4.09.12 PM.png

and then you press the down arrow to have full editing of a hole.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 4.10.48 PM.png

Make the edits and then click save at the bottom of the screen?

You have the correct permissions to edit the holes. Are you in the Holes Tab, and pressing the edit holes button?View attachment 315607

and then you press the down arrow to have full editing of a hole.

View attachment 315608

Make the edits and then click save at the bottom of the screen?
Okay, I was able to do it, just so much more inefficient and annoying and not intuitive.
I can see that it would work better for input of multiple pin positions, but that feature does not work well in my opinion because it relies on someone to update the hole info every time pins are changed, and the pin changers don't seem to bother to make the updates here. Perhaps more columns for additional pin positions within tee color would work better when there are not multiple tees. Courses such as Woodboro Regional would require a lot of columns, but many courses would not. Perhaps multiple hole info screens for those courses where there are multiple tees and multiple pin positions.

How come this course won't show up on the browse map? I just played it last weekend. I tried filtering and still nothing. It's there and playable.

How come this course won't show up on the browse map? I just played it last weekend. I tried filtering and still nothing. It's there and playable.
Do you have a street address for it?

I will look that up. It used to be on here when I wrote my notes for my last trip.

905 S Main St, Maquoketa, IA 52060

Here it is

Okay, I was able to do it, just so much more inefficient and annoying and not intuitive.
I can see that it would work better for input of multiple pin positions, but that feature does not work well in my opinion because it relies on someone to update the hole info every time pins are changed, and the pin changers don't seem to bother to make the updates here. Perhaps more columns for additional pin positions within tee color would work better when there are not multiple tees. Courses such as Woodboro Regional would require a lot of columns, but many courses would not. Perhaps multiple hole info screens for those courses where there are multiple tees and multiple pin positions.
This has always been the case on DGCR. It would be nice to allow more than three pin positions, but who knows how hard that might be to do on the back end. There are a lot of different ways courses can arrange layouts. Sometimes it's as simple as multiple pins or multiple tees, but sometimes there are multiple baskets, or two layouts that are loosely on the same course but use some of their own holes, things like that. I don't mind DGCR offering a fairly simple solution. At least it's better than uDisc's layouts feature.

When submitting a round, if you select one set of tees, and then a different set of tees, the pars and hole distances don't change. Only the set of information from your first choice are displayed. I noticed this when working with uploading a round for Horning's Hideout, Canyon Course.

Also, I have a UI request. When submitting a round, for choosing the number of holes played, could the list of holes be reversed so that the holes for the full course are displayed at the top instead of the bottom? I can't remember how many times I record a partial round of 1 hole, but I'm hand entering data for full rounds every weekend.

When submitting a round, if you select one set of tees, and then a different set of tees, the pars and hole distances don't change. Only the set of information from your first choice are displayed.
Yup, I've had to exit, change courses, and then re-select the course to enter a second round from a different tee (when I need to). In fact, I'd love to see it re-set to the first screen, and re-select courses anyway, because I manually enter all my rounds at the end of a day or a road trip. Being stuck in the most recently entered tee and course means more steps.

I've heard it is in the works but still waiting on number of courses played and started throwing date in the user profile. Also throwing style.

Yup, I've had to exit, change courses, and then re-select the course to enter a second round from a different tee (when I need to). In fact, I'd love to see it re-set to the first screen, and re-select courses anyway, because I manually enter all my rounds at the end of a day or a road trip. Being stuck in the most recently entered tee and course means more steps.
Same, I think. Just noticed this too. Sometimes I need to update my rounds after the fact to fix the tee. I used to be able to just re-pick the tee and all of the distances/pars would update. Now I have to do that manually. It'd be nice if it were a 1-click thing again.

Has the bug where you lose all your thumbs (on that review) when you update a review been fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts